Arguably the Reds' biggest test thus far lies in the next fixture, following the global break, as Mourinho's men travel to Anfield to face Liverpool on Saturday 14 October (kick off 12:30 BST). Lukaku made it 11 goals in 10 games with just four minutes of normal time left. Palace remained rooted to the foot of the table. Now The Eagles have Roy Hodgson as their new manager. United were their usual ruthless selves, but Palace looked unusually terrible. Hodgson has had another week to work with his players on the training ground but they are coming off the back of a 5-0 defeat Manchester City.
Manchester United attacker Anthony Martial faces the possibility of starting this weekend's clash against Crystal Palace on the bench, despite displaying a hugely impressive performance in the Champions League this week. As things stand, Jose Mourinho's side are behind leaders Manchester City on goal difference with 16 points from their opening six games.
United: De Gea; Valencia (c), Smalling, Jones, Young; Matic, Fellaini, Mata (Herrera 77), Mkhitaryan (Lingard 65), Rashford (Martial 71); Lukaku. Subs: Riedewald 7, McArthur 6, Ladapo 6. To make matters worse, the team's seventh game will be Saturday at Manchester United, which has only given up two goals this season. Mata scores - Rashford leaves the Palace defence stranded as he scoots away from Ward, driving to the byline.
Lukaku had a quiet outing, but should have scored when he took advantage of an advantage from referee Mike Dean to run into the area and send a left-footed strike inches wide when he appeared destined to find the far corner.
Beckham scored some famous goals and enjoyed a glittering career at Manchester United before he was sold to Real Madrid. In the 49th minute, MU added its advantage to 3-0.
But television replays showed beyond doubt that Fellaini had flicked the ball with his forehead inside the six-yard box, and the Belgium midfielder claimed his second of the match. A penalty could well have been given there, but the referee isn't interested in his appeals.
Five minutes before the end of normal time, MU finally able to score a fourth goal through a handsome process of cooperation between Lukaku, substitutes Ander Herrera and Martial. It was his cross that allowed Fellaini to double United's lead late in the first period, and he also won the free kick that led to the home side's third of the match.
- OFFICIAL Arsenal XI for BATE
- Thousands Flee Bali's Mount Agung After Volcano Threat Level Is Raised
- Rihanna criticises Donald Trump's response to Puerto Rican hurricane crisis
- Trump 'Not Happy' With Price's Travel, House Dems Call For Resignation
- In Disastrous Megyn Kelly Interview, Jane Fonda's Face Says It All
- Proteas dominate day two against Bangladesh
- Tiger Woods hopes to return to competitive golf, says future is uncertain
- Beyonce, J Balvin drop 'Mi Gente' remix for hurricane relief
- Wilshere coming 'back to his best' - Wenger
- Steve Scalise Makes Emotional Return to Congress After June Shooting