Among the reasons the commissioners gave for their decision were that Simpson had complied with prison rules during his incarceration, had no prior criminal convictions and posed a minimal safety risk to the public.
Forms aside, there is obviously the issue of Simpson going back to the state where Nicole Brown Simpson was murdered - providing him extra police protection would be costly and controversial.
"I told him, 'don't 'come back, ' and he responded, 'I don't intend to, '" she said. It's not clear where.
Simpson would have been released from jail in September 2022 had parole been denied.
Simpson had been at Lovelock after being convicted of armed robbery in 2007 in Las Vegas.
Florida Department of Corrections spokeswoman, Ashley Cook, said her agency has not received a transfer request or documents about Simpson.
Scotto said in brief text messages early Sunday to The Associated Press that he was there but couldn't talk.
Simpson, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has four adult children, two of whom live in Florida. The parole board said they would not consider any prior incidents, including the 1994 murder of ex-wife Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman, where Simpson was acquitted in 1995.
OJ made his name playing for America's National Football League in the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers and appeared in several TV shows and films.
It seems like a belated effort by Florida to put the wheels in motion to keep Simpson out of the state, given that he becomes eligible for release as of Sunday. He was later found liable for the deaths in a civil court.
In the Nevada desert, minutes into the morning of October 1st, O.J. Simpson was released on parole from the Lovelock Correctional Center by the Nevada Department of Corrections.
- Two more for Kane as Spurs hit four at Huddersfield
- ICE operation leads to 45 arrests in NY , 500 total nationwide
- Catalonia referendum: Schools occupied ahead of vote
- Unions lambast Supreme Court decision to hear mandatory union fee case
- Republicans Introduce 'SUCCEED Act' to Protect Undocumented Children
- Trump Waives Shipping Regulations to Aid Puerto Rico
- Rihanna criticises Donald Trump's response to Puerto Rican hurricane crisis
- Trump 'Not Happy' With Price's Travel, House Dems Call For Resignation
- Malaysia GP: Lewis Hamilton's sleepless night ends in dream qualifying
- How India skipper - and protagonist - Virat Kohli is inspiring an Australian comeback