The president also thanked Congresswoman Jennifer Gonzalez-Colon and U.S. Virgin Islands Governor Kenneth Mapp "who stated that #FEMA and Military are doing a GREAT job!"
Trump's remarks have received backlash on social media, with people posting pictures of Cruz on the grounds helping and consoling residents. I am begging. Begging anyone who can hear us to save us from dying.
Cruz added in a televised statement in which she declared she was begging for more help, she said, "If we don't get the food and water into peoples' hands, what we are going to see is something close to genocide". He has also made repeated reference to Puerto Rico's debt, even in the midst of a humanitarian catastrophe.
Ms Cruz said the White House was failing to adequately cater to needs of Puerto Ricans, who are depending on bottled water and rationed food from the U.S. federal government.
"Well, yesterday, after my press conference, all of a sudden things started coming in from Fema", she said, referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Cruz has done multiple live interviews with TV news outlets regarding the damage the island has sustained, and has been vocal about not receiving the aid needed. They.... want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort.
Cruz has blasted the federal response to the storm recovery and said people are dying because of the bureaucratic issues, but Trump has said thousands of workers are on the island doing great work.
- Beyonce, J Balvin drop 'Mi Gente' remix for hurricane relief
- Unions lambast Supreme Court decision to hear mandatory union fee case
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- How India skipper - and protagonist - Virat Kohli is inspiring an Australian comeback
- Trump Waives Shipping Regulations to Aid Puerto Rico
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Republicans Introduce 'SUCCEED Act' to Protect Undocumented Children
- Hey Girl, Here's the First Look at Ryan Gosling Hosting SNL
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Karlsson back on top ahead of British Masters finale