President Donald Trump on Friday said "there's never been anything like" the devastation in Puerto Rico, which is facing a humanitarian crisis in the wake of Hurricane Maria sweeping through the Caribbean island last week. "No long lines for you", Manuel tweeted.
She also responded to Trump on Saturday, tweeting photos of Puerto Rico's recovery efforts and writing that her only goal was to save lives. "You have been GOLFING", Miranda added in a follow-up tweet.
"Often times, our mission is overlooked by the longer and more hard recovery process", he says.
Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez on Friday broke down in tears while describing the dire situation in Puerto Rico and sharply criticized President Donald Trump for his administration's response so far to the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
President Donald Trump is lashing out at the mayor of Puerto Rico's capital city in a war of words over recovery efforts after Hurricane Maria smashed into the US territory. "We are making progress, every day capacity is coming open", he said.
Around 44% of Puerto Ricans lack access to drinking water, and utility officials say it may takes months before electricity is restored, allowing clean water to begin flowing again.
The Broadway star, whose parents moved to NY from Puerto Rico, said he is working on a new song to raise for disaster relief. "I wouldn't be surprised if he said, I need more troops in order to manage this distribution until Puerto Rico itself can get back on its feet", she said.
The president said 10,000 emergency responders and other personnel had been sent to the island.
Recovery efforts in Puerto Rico are ongoing.
The president of the Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority, Elí Díaz Atienza, gave a breakdown of the water service restoration effort to San Juan radio station WIPR, saying water is running to about 55% of the city. The issue has been getting truck drivers to transport supplies in Puerto Rico.
Yulin Cruz was reacting to an earlier comment by acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke that the life-saving efforts of relief workers was a "good news story".
- NRL Preview grand final: Brett Kimmorley verdict, TAB odds
- Prince Harry and Barack Obama's bromance is blossoming beautifully
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Marilyn Manson injured by falling prop at NYC show
- Trump Waives Shipping Regulations to Aid Puerto Rico
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Unions lambast Supreme Court decision to hear mandatory union fee case
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Karlsson back on top ahead of British Masters finale
- Marcus Rashford: Manchester United youngster makes defender look foolish