Mourinho, who hailed Lukaku's development since last working with the player during their time at Chelsea, said he must continue leading United's line until Ibrahimovic's return.
Coping is what United are having to do when juggling domestic and European exertions.
Following United's 4-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, Mourinho was asked if his team is missing Pogba. Long-term injuries I don't speak about them.
"I think Jose Mourinho will be annoyed they gave a goal away".
"We have to train and to make decisions after training but I hope some of the players that couldn't play in Moscow [can play]", Mourinho said. "I can not play with the six".
"Without Zlatan, we can not rotate the striker, especially because Marcus Rashford is playing also in other positions", Jose Mourinho was quoted as saying."So until the moment we have Zlatan, we can not think about giving rest to our number nine (Lukaku) the same way we give in other positions, " the Manchester United manager added.
Much like Solskjaer before him, he should learn to view his outings as an impact player as a positive, with Mourinho impressed by what he has seen from the jet-heeled frontman of late . I just think it's unusual because in every country the decisions are made to protect the clubs and here that doesn't happen. Definitely not as good as he was before the global break.
The 28-year-old Armenian has scored two goals and made five assists in all competitions for the Red Devils and has started all six of Manchester United's Premier League games. Of course, it's not just the £75 million man who's getting it done for the Red Devils.
Just some minutes later, Lukaku completed his brace and Henrikh Mkhitaryan added further misery to CSKA's fate.
Manchester United played in Russian Federation on Wednesday.
- Wilshere coming 'back to his best' - Wenger
- NRL Preview grand final: Brett Kimmorley verdict, TAB odds
- Dele Alli Banned for One England Match Over Finger Gesture
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response
- How India skipper - and protagonist - Virat Kohli is inspiring an Australian comeback
- Catalonia referendum: Schools occupied ahead of vote
- Tesla sending battery packs to storm-ravaged Puerto Rico
- Republicans Introduce 'SUCCEED Act' to Protect Undocumented Children
- Top 25 roundup: Troy stuns No. 25 LSU
- Marilyn Manson injured by falling prop at NYC show