Naturally, the new model is compatible with all content made for PlayStation VR before. How is it different?
Sony have updated the US PlayStation Blog's FAQ page for PlayStation VR and let slip that a minor revision to PlayStation VR is inbound. The changes aren't visible right away but the new model, CUH-ZVR2, when compared with the original CUH-VR1, brings about integrated stereo headphone cables and a slimmer and more streamlined connection cable. However, some retailers may offer this when the new VR headset becomes available. How much will it be? But for North America, Sony has promised to keep the bundle prices unchanged, claims The Verge.
Up next in the continuing series of articles that should be entitled "early adaptors, save your money, you fools", Sony has announced that PS VR upgraded hardware is in the pipeline. Given that this is also done in collaboration with Sony Rewards, there will be points that gamers can earn, like 5x points when purchasing via the PlayStation Store or when buying PlayStation or Sony products. At the same time, the CUH-ZVR2's Processor Unit has also been updated with a new HDR pass through feature. This, unfortunately, makes the Processor Unit incompatible with existing headsets.
Sony is further expanding strongly into the world of virtual reality with none other than their trusted PS VR headset. All of them work with both versions of the headset, and include games like Batman: Arkham VR, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard and Star Trek: Bridge Crew. The new PSVR headset is priced at a standard 44,980 yen ($398). Their Paris Games Week 2017 Media Showcase press conference will take place on October 30 at 3pm GMT (that's 10am EST), and will feature "some spectacular new games coming to PS4 and [PlayStation VR]".
- Batshuayi's Chelsea career at risk after Conte snub
- Beyonce, J Balvin drop 'Mi Gente' remix for hurricane relief
- ICE operation leads to 45 arrests in NY , 500 total nationwide
- Catalonia referendum: Schools occupied ahead of vote
- Hey Girl, Here's the First Look at Ryan Gosling Hosting SNL
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response
- Marcus Rashford: Manchester United youngster makes defender look foolish
- Trump Waives Shipping Regulations to Aid Puerto Rico
- Republicans Introduce 'SUCCEED Act' to Protect Undocumented Children
- SJP confirms Sex and the City 3 is 'over'