"It was a great team play".
Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi has expressed his delight that his first Premier League goal came on the day Nigeria celebrated its 57th independence. Overall, football changed a lot in this 21 years.
The Nigerian worldwide, who was a major doubt for the Gunners clash, finished off a backheeled assist from Alexis Sanchez in the 56th minute after Nacho Monreal had shot Arsenal into the lead in the 16th minute.
"I like the fact that we didn't concede goals, that we got the three points, that we played the third game in a row in six days and won the game, that's what I liked".
Wenger admitted his players were not at their best against Brighton, but highlighted the importance of going into the two-week global break with a victory.
Both Arsenal and Brighton were in a good run of form heading into the game, however Arsene Wenger's side were clear favourites and their superior class and quality showed.
'They've got the class, they've got the skill, they've got everything, but they work hard at the same time - that's what makes them world class.
Meanwhile Brighton manager Chris Hughton added: "It was a spirited performance".
And Arsenal reportedly hope they can reach a deal with the player, who joined the North London club when he was nine, by the end of the year.
Matthew Ryan can not wait for the chance to test himself like a 'established name like Arsenal' as Brighton prepare for a tough Premier League game on Sunday. "I wouldn't say it was comfortable but we made it as easy as we could".
"I would have loved to continue to play but we can not do anything about that". You're not good in a permanent way, if you don't keep your urgency.
- NRL Preview grand final: Brett Kimmorley verdict, TAB odds
- Catalonia referendum: Schools occupied ahead of vote
- FEMA's Long: No time for mayor's 'spout off,' focused on Puerto Rico
- Donald Trump Promises to Work with Democrats for More Puerto Rico Assistance
- Man Utd don't miss Paul Pogba, says Jose Mourinho
- Karlsson back on top ahead of British Masters finale
- Republicans Introduce 'SUCCEED Act' to Protect Undocumented Children
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response
- Eckhaus Latta Will Donate Portion of Sales to Puerto Rico Relief
- Jong-Nam's murder trial resumes today from the first four witnesses