The post US Rock Musician Tom Petty Dies Of Cardiac Arrest Aged 66 appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
There has since been an outpouring of emotion on social media as Rock n Roll Hall of Fame member Petty's fans pay tribute to his talents. The singer was reportedly rushed to hospital, where TMZ later claimed "a decision was made to pull life support".
He'd stated publicly the tour would probably be his last big one, telling Rolling Stone: "I have a granddaughter now I'd like to see as much as I can".
According to TMZ, Petty was found unconscious in full cardiac arrest on Sunday night.
Petty suffered from a heroin addiction in the 1990s, and also underwent long periods of depression during his career spanning five decades. We're all on the backside of our sixties.
Petty is best known for his work with the Heartbreakers, who released their self-titled debut album in 1976. "I might be away for two years, but I've worked myself to death on different projects, you know?"
Los Angeles County Fire Department officials confirm to PEOPLE that they were dispatched to the Malibu home of an unconscious male early Monday morning and transported him to a local hospital.
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response
- OJ Simpson released on parole after nine years in Nevada prison
- Karlsson back on top ahead of British Masters finale
- PA National Guard troops and helicopters headed to Puerto Rico
- Malaysia GP: Lewis Hamilton's sleepless night ends in dream qualifying
- Iwobi scores as Arsenal beat Brighton on Wenger's 21st anniversary
- Max Verstappen wins the 2017 Malaysian GP
- Israel denies involvement in Iraqi Kurdistan referendum
- Eckhaus Latta Will Donate Portion of Sales to Puerto Rico Relief
- American League Wild Card: New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins