The post US Rock Musician Tom Petty Dies Of Cardiac Arrest Aged 66 appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
There has since been an outpouring of emotion on social media as Rock n Roll Hall of Fame member Petty's fans pay tribute to his talents. The singer was reportedly rushed to hospital, where TMZ later claimed "a decision was made to pull life support".
He'd stated publicly the tour would probably be his last big one, telling Rolling Stone: "I have a granddaughter now I'd like to see as much as I can".
According to TMZ, Petty was found unconscious in full cardiac arrest on Sunday night.
Petty suffered from a heroin addiction in the 1990s, and also underwent long periods of depression during his career spanning five decades. We're all on the backside of our sixties.
Petty is best known for his work with the Heartbreakers, who released their self-titled debut album in 1976. "I might be away for two years, but I've worked myself to death on different projects, you know?"
Los Angeles County Fire Department officials confirm to PEOPLE that they were dispatched to the Malibu home of an unconscious male early Monday morning and transported him to a local hospital.
- Srinagar: BSF camp attack, two terrorists killed, 1 jawan martyred
- Donald Trump Promises to Work with Democrats for More Puerto Rico Assistance
- At least one person killed in Marseille knife attack: police sources
- Iwobi scores as Arsenal beat Brighton on Wenger's 21st anniversary
- Rangana Herath becomes first left-arm spinner to pick 400 Test wickets
- Israel denies involvement in Iraqi Kurdistan referendum
- OJ Simpson released on parole after nine years in Nevada prison
- Canada: Five injured in suspected terror attack in Edmonton
- Karlsson back on top ahead of British Masters finale
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response