"Security forces responded promptly to Srinagar Terror Attack & ensured that there is no collateral damage to civilians", said MoS PMO Jitendra Singh.
The terrorists, according to BSF officials are holed up inside the building campus of the 182nd Battalion camp.
The Indian army, CRPF, BSF and the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the Jammu and Kashmir police were called in after the militants hurled grenades and started shooting indiscriminately, senior Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officials confirmed.
One officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the attackers breached multiple layers of high security outside and inside the camp while exchanging intense gunfire with government troops.
2 terrorists killed in total.
On 26th of August, fidayeen militants stormed the District Police Lines in south Kashmir's Pulwama district.
Three unidentified terrorists were killed in an encounter with security forces near Srinagar airport today. "An assistant sub-inspector of BSF also died in the initial assault", said the police authority.
The area also houses training centres of the BSF and the CRPF.
He said the Quick Response Teams (QRTs) of BSF swung into action and launched operation to flush out the militants hiding in two buildings inside the camp.
"The third terrorist is also believed to have been neutralized but the search operation is going on", said a police official. "They entered Gagoo Land through Friends Colony, " he said.
"We have resumed operations, passengers now allowed to proceed to the airport", the director of Srinagar Airport, Sharad Kumar, told media.
"Such attacks will continue to happen as long as Pakistan is our neighbour".
Flights to and from Srinagar International Airport were initially suspended after the attack, but were resumed later on Tuesday.
- Batshuayi's Chelsea career at risk after Conte snub
- Donald Trump Promises to Work with Democrats for More Puerto Rico Assistance
- Arsene Wenger: 'Barcelona playing in Premier League an interesting idea'
- American League Wild Card: New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins
- Catalonia referendum: Schools occupied ahead of vote
- Jong-Nam's murder trial resumes today from the first four witnesses
- Rangana Herath becomes first left-arm spinner to pick 400 Test wickets
- Israel denies involvement in Iraqi Kurdistan referendum
- NRL Preview grand final: Brett Kimmorley verdict, TAB odds
- At least one person killed in Marseille knife attack: police sources