Before Paramount acquired the rights, The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie had been simmering on the backburner over at Sony Pictures for a couple of years. The executive producers include Toby Ascher and Deadpool's Tim Miller. Hopefully, the film won't have the typical fish out of water story that has plagued similar premises and merely has a live-action Eggman taking on CGI Sonic. It continues to stand as one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time.
No release date for Sonic the Hedgehog has been announced. It's also important to note that this will be the first film directed by Jeff Fowler.
Though the Sonic the Hedgehog movie was previously placed in turnaround at Sony Entertainment, most of the original team still remains.
As of right now, the project is very much in the early stages of development, but here's to hoping it progresses as quickly as Sonic runs.
For those unaware, the Sonic the Hedgehog movie was initially slated for a 2018 release after Sammy Corporation founder and SEGA boss Hajime Satomi told fans to expect the film to release in theaters during 2018.
The plan is to make a film that blends live-action shots with computer-generated imagery to bring Sonic and his friends to the real world, while maintaining their digital appearance.
- Jong-Nam's murder trial resumes today from the first four witnesses
- NRL Preview grand final: Brett Kimmorley verdict, TAB odds
- Facebook Messenger's data saving Lite version rolls out worldwide
- Max Verstappen wins the 2017 Malaysian GP
- Arsene Wenger: 'Barcelona playing in Premier League an interesting idea'
- Eckhaus Latta Will Donate Portion of Sales to Puerto Rico Relief
- Supreme Court Justices Suggest They'll Split on Workers' Class-Action Rights
- Terrorists attack BSF camp in Srinagar; 1 terrorist killed, 3 jawans injured
- Srinagar: BSF camp attack, two terrorists killed, 1 jawan martyred
- Attack on Security Base in Indian-controlled Kashmir Leaves 4 Dead