Before Paramount acquired the rights, The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie had been simmering on the backburner over at Sony Pictures for a couple of years. The executive producers include Toby Ascher and Deadpool's Tim Miller. Hopefully, the film won't have the typical fish out of water story that has plagued similar premises and merely has a live-action Eggman taking on CGI Sonic. It continues to stand as one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time.
No release date for Sonic the Hedgehog has been announced. It's also important to note that this will be the first film directed by Jeff Fowler.
Though the Sonic the Hedgehog movie was previously placed in turnaround at Sony Entertainment, most of the original team still remains.
As of right now, the project is very much in the early stages of development, but here's to hoping it progresses as quickly as Sonic runs.
For those unaware, the Sonic the Hedgehog movie was initially slated for a 2018 release after Sammy Corporation founder and SEGA boss Hajime Satomi told fans to expect the film to release in theaters during 2018.
The plan is to make a film that blends live-action shots with computer-generated imagery to bring Sonic and his friends to the real world, while maintaining their digital appearance.
- NRL Preview grand final: Brett Kimmorley verdict, TAB odds
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response
- Donald Trump Promises to Work with Democrats for More Puerto Rico Assistance
- Jong-Nam's murder trial resumes today from the first four witnesses
- Quota-friendly app from Facebook: Messenger Lite
- Rangana Herath becomes first left-arm spinner to pick 400 Test wickets
- FEMA's Long: No time for mayor's 'spout off,' focused on Puerto Rico
- Jos Verstappen: Max Verstappen needed win after tough year
- Trump Waives Shipping Regulations to Aid Puerto Rico
- Man Utd don't miss Paul Pogba, says Jose Mourinho