"An assistant sub-inspector of BSF also died in the initial assault", Vaid told AFP. The terrorist organization, Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed the responsibility of the attack.
Briefing reporters later in the day, Inspector General of Police (Kashmir range) Muneer Khan said there was no doubt that Jaish-e-Mohammed was behind the attack.
It so happened when, atleast four terrorists reportedly barged into the campus of the BSF 182 battalion at 4:30 am on Tuesday. The deceased BSF officer has been identified as ASI BK Yadav.
He said this meeting came in the wake of the fidayeen attack on the BSF Headquarters in Srinagar in which three militants and a BSF personnel were killed. In August, at least eight Indian police officials were killed when militants attacked a security camp in southern Kashmir.
Deputy CM Nirmal Singh said that the militants were just frustrated because of successful operations carried out by the security forces.
The fire fight, which went on for almost ten hours, ended in the afternoon after the last militant, who had holed up in the BSF camp, was shot dead. Attack was repulsed very effectively. These fidayeen-style attacks suggest there might be a shift in militancy in the Kashmir Valley. The three injured security personnel are being treated in hospitals.
According to intelligence inputs, two of those who had infiltrated were part of the District Police Lines attack at Pulwama while the others are still at large. That is why Pakistan is now pushing in foreign terrorists in huge numbers, they say. The terrorists entered from a side gate which leads to a civilian colony called Gogoland.
The injured cop was taken to a hospital where he succumbed.
The terrorists who were in military fatigues violated four layers of security at the camp, to which Indian soldiers retaliated and shot down one of the attackers. Passengers on their way to the airport were barred from proceeding due to the terror attack.
- Iwobi scores as Arsenal beat Brighton on Wenger's 21st anniversary
- Srinagar: BSF camp attack, two terrorists killed, 1 jawan martyred
- Facebook Messenger's data saving Lite version rolls out worldwide
- Top 25 roundup: Troy stuns No. 25 LSU
- Max Verstappen wins the 2017 Malaysian GP
- Rock Legend Tom Petty Dies at Age 66
- OJ Simpson released on parole after nine years in Nevada prison
- Terrorists attack BSF camp in Srinagar; 1 terrorist killed, 3 jawans injured
- Arsene Wenger: 'Barcelona playing in Premier League an interesting idea'
- Rangana Herath becomes first left-arm spinner to pick 400 Test wickets