Police said they had evidence suggesting Paddock, who gunned down 58 people from the 32nd-floor of the Mandalay Hotel, planned to survive after carrying out the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history. It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. She reportedly met Paddock after separating from her ex-husband, Geary Danley in 2013.
The official, who was briefed by law enforcement, wasn't authorized to publicly discuss an ongoing investigation and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
The official also confirmed that housekeeping was asked not to visit Paddock's room at Mandalay Bay for at least part of his stay.
"This is not a guy that I would have looked at and thought, 'He's going to commit a crime one day'". The music festival featured Chance the Rapper, Muse, Lorde and Blink-182.
A hotel security guard tells Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) officers he's been shot, and provides the room number from which Paddock is firing.
Paddock planned the massacre by choosing a suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay casino with a view of a country music festival across the Strip.
According to her sisters, Danley is now the only person who can shed light on the possible motives and mindset of the gunman despite being unaware of his impending actions, defending her as a "good person". He had no known criminal record and nearly no close friends or social media presence.
Paddock had four video cameras at his hotel room, Lombardo said.
"There's all kinds of things that surprise us in each one of these events". As for what triggered the massacre, Eric Paddock said, "Something happened that drove him into the pit of hell". "We have a lot of work to do". She was overseas when Paddock carried out his deadly attack. However, they do know there was a high degree of planning.
They are also looking at his gambling habits and checking records for any disputes he might have had with casinos or fellow patrons.
Eric Paddock, the shooter's brother, said the wire transfer was evidence that "Steve took care of the people he loved" and that he likely wanted to protect Danley by sending her the money before his attack. Danley left her husband, Geary Danley, in 2013 and moved in with Paddock.
- Program that provides thousands of Pennsylvania children with health insurance expires
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Nobel Prize In Chemistry 2017 Awarded For Imaging The Molecules Of Life
- Washington will try one more time to work with Islamabad: James Mattis
- Terrorists attack BSF camp in Srinagar; 1 terrorist killed, 3 jawans injured
- Catalonia's Constitutional Crisis Is Just Getting Started
- Advisories being issued for newly formed tropical depression in Caribbean
- Srinagar: BSF camp attack, two terrorists killed, 1 jawan martyred
- Rock Legend Tom Petty Dies at Age 66