A MI mother is in jail for seven days after refusing a court order to vaccinate her 9-year-old son. She is charged with contempt of court.
MI allows parents to opt out of vaccines for nonmedical reasons, according to the report. France has recently made vaccination mandatory for children, effective from 2018.
Bedrow had one week to get her 9-year-old son vaccinated, as indicated by a request by an Oakland County judge.
"I'd rather be behind bars, but will stand for what I believe than renounce what convinced", said she. Amid that time, the judge granted the kid's dad impermanent physical guardianship with the goal that he could get the kid a la mode on the greater part of his inoculations.
But that has not stopped the vaccine skeptics and vaccine opponents from taking on the cause as a vindication of their views. While the MI parents are allowed legally to delay or skip the vaccinations of their children with respect to their personal beliefs.
Bredow, who's Twitter profile was private but included a link to MI for Vaccine Choice, has faced mixed responses from Twitter users.
Bredow's ex-husband wants their son vaccinated, but she is the primary caregiver for their son.
"I'm not a lazy parent".
Anti-vaccination advocates - or anti-vaxxers - believe that immunising children exposes them to harm, and could be linked to autism.
"What you just said, that he has a new-found objection, is not true".
The judge said Bredow has a history of making child-rearing decisions without consent from her ex-husband.
The court ordered the vaccination in October 2016. "I would have to take care of him".
On Wednesday, Bredow reportedly said that she and Horne had shared similar beliefs on vaccines and claimed he changed his mind to gain leverage in a drawn-out custody battle. Even Rebecca's current husband spoke about the jail order.
"If there's any major decisions effecting the welfare of the children, which is usually medical, dental or education, they have a duty to consult with each other", said Genesee County Circuit Judge Duncan Beagle.
- Terrorists attack BSF camp in Srinagar; 1 terrorist killed, 3 jawans injured
- American League Wild Card: New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins
- Attack on Security Base in Indian-controlled Kashmir Leaves 4 Dead
- Supreme Court Justices Suggest They'll Split on Workers' Class-Action Rights
- TransCanada won't move forward with Energy East pipeline
- Oil rises 2 pct as potential OPEC deal trumps United States exports
- Tillerson Denies Wanting to Resign, But Doesn't Deny Calling Trump a 'Moron'
- Israel denies involvement in Iraqi Kurdistan referendum
- Jos Verstappen: Max Verstappen needed win after tough year
- Program that provides thousands of Pennsylvania children with health insurance expires