Two company officials told the Times at least eight women received settlements from Weinstein over the years, including actress Rose McGowan, who allegedly had an incident with him in 1997 when she was 23.
The Times story cites a memo drafted by Lauren O'Connor, a former Weinstein Co employee, which raised alarms about allegations over a two-year period.
He went on to quote Jay-Z's "4:44" track "I'm not the man I thought I was and I better be that man for my children" and asked for a second chance.
"I've brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to deal with this issue head on", he added.
The New York Times reported that Weinstein has been accused of sexual harassment and/or unwanted physical contact by numerous people who worked with him over the past three decades or so. He also said that the story " relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report".
"Mr. Weinstein and his lawyer have confirmed the essential points of the story", Danielle Rhoades Ha, a spokeswoman for the newspaper, told Variety in a statement.
In a report from the New York Times, the publication claims multiple women have come forward with numerous accusations against the Hollywood producer. "It wasn't a secret to the inner circle", said Kathy DeClesis, who worked as an assistant to Weinstein's brother and longtime partner Bob Weinstein in the early nineties.
Ashley Judd spoke to the Times on the record, stating how Weinstein acted inappropriately with her at a breakfast meeting almost 20 years ago.
It was also inside his room at the Peninsula Beverly Hills where Weinsten stripped naked and made a number of female employees give him a massage. "That was the culture then", the Oscar victor, 65, wrote in a lengthy statement on Thursday, October 5.
The famed producer's attorney Charles Harder announced the lawsuit not long after on Thursday, adding proceeds from the case will be donated to women's organizations. "I have since learned that this is not an excuse, at the office or elsewhere", it seems, justify. "But behind the scenes, it was a mess, and this was the biggest mess of all.".
- Pennsylvania congressman Tim Murphy to resign
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Netflix raises prices on two of its most popular plans
- Ford to slash showroom choices in new global strategy
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Gunman's secret life stymies investigation — WHAT'S HAPPENING
- Unemployment Rate Declined In September, Hurricanes Impacted Foodservice Employment
- Facebook admits to promoting fake news about the Las Vegas shooting
- TransCanada won't move forward with Energy East pipeline
- Brazil police arrest Olympic committee chief in bribery investigation