The five-game series will continue Saturday at 6 p.m. with Game 2 at Dodger Stadium.
"I don't know why", Puig said. He has baffled the D-backs in two starts this year, going 2-0 with only one earned run allowed on six hits in 15 1/3 innings with 19 strikeouts and three walks. The regular season Arizona team was third in the National League in 2017 with 44 come-from-behind wins. The two wild pitches in the game were also surprising, since Kershaw had four all season prior. He was placed on the disabled list July 29 because of a concussion suffered a day earlier when he was hit in the head by a batted ball. Down what path would their October narrative lead: that of the dominant Dodgers, or that of doubtable Dodgers?
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said he was wholly unsurprised to witness Puig's tongue-wagging moment, noting that his right fielder is nicknamed "Wild Horse". The left-hander had a 3.77 ERA during the season. Hill was 0-3 against the Diamondbacks with a 5.03 ERA. Since he's been back he has continued to get better. "It was a mistake pitch and he made us pay for it". That's a franchise record for a postseason game. "When you have a lead like that, it's about attacking guys, not giving up free bases and pounding the zone. I thought he was spectacular for us". Sure enough, he gave up back-to-back rockets into the left-field seats to Adam Rosales and Ketel Marte. But when Greinke failed to get through four innings, Ray was forced into service and pitched 2 1/3 innings, giving up two hits and one run. The rest of what got them that win started in the first inning.
"No regrets, whatsoever", Lovullo said. He just never reached a rhythm. "They've got great pitching, great hitting, defense, base running - they do it all". Puig's second RBI of the game would come from a groundout, but arguably the most memorable moment of the night came in the bottom of the seventh.
However, the Dodgers would respond in the fourth-scoring three more runs and taking a 7-1 lead.
Granted, Turner has not played in a single World Series game, so any comparison to Reggie Jackson would fall a little short. Turner followed with a single, driving in Seager. The red-bearded slugger tied a Dodgers record for most RBIs in a postseason game, sharing it with Pedro Guerrero and Davey Lopes. Paul Goldschmidt, J.D. Martinez and A.J. Pollock can all put a charge into one and leave the park at any time.
The D-backs usually keep third baseman Jake Lamb away from lefties, but in eight plate appearances against Hill, Lamb has four walks, two hits and a homer.
- Tillerson Denies Wanting to Resign, But Doesn't Deny Calling Trump a 'Moron'
- Program that provides thousands of Pennsylvania children with health insurance expires
- MI mom gets seven days in jail for not vaccinating her son
- Brazil police arrest Olympic committee chief in bribery investigation
- Pennsylvania congressman Tim Murphy to resign
- GoFundMe campaign created for Las Vegas shooting victims
- Gunman's secret life stymies investigation — WHAT'S HAPPENING
- Ferguson Plc (FERGY) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to "Buy"
- Windows Insiders get access to mobile Microsoft Edge and Launcher app
- Washington will try one more time to work with Islamabad: James Mattis