Speaking to a crowd of representatives from over 200 Hispanic businesses, community and faith groups gathered in the East Room of the White House, Trump drew out the vowels in the name of the United States territory three times.
According to NBC News, Maria is the most powerful storm to hit Puerto Rico in nearly a century and it could take half a year to restore power. "Maybe it's the calm before the storm", the president said.
Speaking to reporters during his visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Friday, Vice President Mike Pence was asked about Trump's remark and referred reporters to the White House "on any exposition on that comment".
At the top of the segment, Reid noted that "Donald Trump may get a kick out of pronouncing Puerto Rico, but the situation on the island and the US Virgin Islands is no laughing matter".
During a speech honoring Hispanic Heritage Month. ".We will be there all the time to help Puerto Rico recover, restore, rebuild".
After pictures were taken, the president gestured to the reporters in the room.
Trump, on many occasions, has shown his knowledge and love for the diverse communities in America.
The African-American abolitionist died over a century ago.
The President also spoke about economics and the recent devastating hurricanes, two issues he clearly believes can bring the nation together. "You have to be a little insane to think that $100 billion worth of debt or even $70 billion of on-balance sheet debt is worth anything with 1.4 million workers and an economy like Puerto Rico's".
When he finally noticed Puerto Rico's crisis, he blamed them for already having a huge debt and called their leaders out for not doing enough to help themselves.
- PM says changes have made GST 'even simpler'
- Ferguson Plc (FERGY) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to "Buy"
- Pulisic stars as US boosts World Cup hopes
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Pennsylvania congressman Tim Murphy to resign
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Unemployment Rate Declined In September, Hurricanes Impacted Foodservice Employment
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- McDonald's Szechuan sauce is coming to Athens
- Some rain showers, cooler highs for Friday