They now turn their attention to an away trip to Lithuania tomorrow, however the pressure is now off having wrapped up qualification.
Kane is one of the best strikers in the world, and the Tottenham star will be important for England at the 2018 World Cup finals in Russian Federation next summer.
But which players does Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson believe should be on the plane to Russian Federation? The Three Lions are now top of their qualifying group with five points over second-placed Slovakia.
MERSE SAYS: I don't like taking three goalkeepers to tournaments, you've got to be bang unlucky to get two injuries.
"But now they have a chance to play on that stage at the World Cup". "This is an extra game for us to have a look at a few different things".
England have disappointed since their only major tournament win at the 1966 World Cup on home soil, and realism has set in.
"But what we have to do is look at what we have got". By the time he retired, Shilton had represented his country at three World Cups and two European Championships.
In an England shirt, surrounded by players of similar mediocrity, their limitations become all too apparent.
Kane is now among the world's best strikers, and could conceivably - and quite deservedly - captain the Three Lions in Russian Federation.
England defender Gary Cahill was relieved to see Kane's latest display of predatory finishing put a flattering gloss on his team's spluttering display.
"Yes, he didn't have a good Euros, but nor did quite a number of that England team so I think it's quite harsh if we just point the finger at Joe Hart".
Kane's latest strike ensured England reached their sixth consecutive finals, matching their record run of World Cup appearances from 1950-1970, which included their victorious 1966 campaign on home soil.
"I spoke to Joe a while back and I said to him that at the Euros last summer, the ball went into the back of the net against Iceland and he didn't get up and berate his back line", he said on The Debate. There are some big countries around the world that are struggling.
"To lead that team out and to have the game pan out like it did, as a striker you dream of that kind of moment, scoring a last-minute victor, so for that to happen here at Wembley is incredible".
- BlackBerry Motion REVEALED - First look at KEYone follow-up 'Krypton'
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers Game 2 score, TV channel
- McDonald's Szechuan sauce is coming to Athens
- Ferguson Plc (FERGY) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to "Buy"
- Driver detained after pedestrians injured outside London's Natural History Museum
- Unemployment Rate Declined In September, Hurricanes Impacted Foodservice Employment
- Oil rises 2 pct as potential OPEC deal trumps United States exports
- Some rain showers, cooler highs for Friday
- Advisories being issued for newly formed tropical depression in Caribbean
- Donald Trump adopts 'Spanish' accent to pronounce Puerto Rico