With that in mind, the best chance for rain, which could be heavy at times, will come Sunday night and early Monday morning before the storm quickly pulls away toward the Mid-Atlantic region later Monday.
Sunny, with a high near 77. The risk of a shower now appears to be very low.
Highs will be in the low- to mid-60s. Even warmer afternoon temperatures are forecast for Friday. A warm front will pass through CT tomorrow.
Moisture will be increasing across the midlands of SC on Saturday as winds become southeasterly. There could be a sprinkle or some spotty drizzle, but that's about it. Dew point readings will rise well into the 60s and temperatures will likely peak in the 70s.
Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers. It will be mild and humid overnight with lows near 70.
The unseasonably warm weather extends into the weekend, with highs in the 80s. Showers could move into the Big Country afternoon midnight and before sunrise Saturday as the cold front moves in. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 61. The day's record high in Burlington is 77°, our forecast high is 80°. In return, rounds of heavy rain becomes likely later tonight while lasting through Monday morning. Nate is now moving across eastern portions of Nicaragua and Honduras. Nate will make landfall along the Gulf coast near Louisiana and MS as potentially a category #2 storm, but having very few effects on coastal Georgia and the Low Country.
Nate will be making landfall along the LA/MS coast sometime late Saturday night, then push inland. A warm front just to our north over the southern tier of NY early Saturday morning will continue to lift north today, keeping our area squarely in the warm sector for yet another day. If that happens, we could have a lot of rain. Expected rain totals of around 0.25 inches around the city, with higher totals west of the area.
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
A cold front is expected to pass through the region Wednesday night bringing an end to the rain. Highs in the mid 70s.
The bottom line for the holiday weekend: Monday, Columbus Day, is the only day of the next four with a high likelihood of showers. Low: 66. High: 90.
- Fast and Furious 9 Got Official Release Date
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Russian hackers used antivirus software to steal important NSA spying, defense tools
- McDonald's Szechuan sauce is coming to Athens
- PM says changes have made GST 'even simpler'
- Ferguson Plc (FERGY) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to "Buy"
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Windows Insiders get access to mobile Microsoft Edge and Launcher app
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Gunman's secret life stymies investigation — WHAT'S HAPPENING