An average of 2,000 Rohingya cross the border everyday for safety making refugee situation in south-eastern Bangladeshi district of Cox's Bazar more complex, according to a statement issued by International Organization for Migration (IOM).
With that in mind, the government's current plans to build the world's biggest refugee camp in Kutupalong, one that will be capable of housing more than 800,000 refugees, is admirable - but it presents some clear concerns over the matters of health care. Many under 18 living in makeshift camp at Cox's Bazar highly traumatized after seeing family members killed and home set on fire. Jewel's father, Babul Hossain, told the French news agency, AFP. The United Nations has praised Bangladesh's "extraordinary spirit of generosity" in opening up its borders.
More than half a million Rohingya have arrived in Bangladesh since Burmese forces began a crackdown in Rakhine State at the end of August, in a response to anti-state violence that has been likened to genocide.
Hasina said Bangladesh took an appropriate stance to draw worldwide community's attention to the Rohingya crisis which also compelled Myanmar to open talks on the issue.
On Saturday, Hasina reiterated that the settlements for Rohingya Muslims would be temporary until they returned to their homes in Myanmar.
But a post on the page of the office of army chief Min Aung Hlaing said blazes at seven houses in a Rohingya village early Wednesday were started by an "Einu" or a militant from the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA).
During the first few days of the latest influx, Bangladesh kept its border closed but later chose to open it up to Rohingyas.
The UN has condemned Myanmar's refusal to grant it access to Rakhine state - the scene of the alleged ethnic cleansing of Rohingya Muslims. While the worst of the violence appears to have abated, insecurity, food shortages and tensions with Buddhist neighbours are still driving thousands of Rohingya to make the arduous trek to Bangladesh. It triggered a fresh influx of refugees towards neighboring Bangladesh, though the country sealed off its border to refugees.
- Sessions ends transgender workplace protections
- Erdogan: FSA in New Idlib Operation
- Musk: Tesla can rebuild Puerto Rico power grid
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Man Utd's injury concerns mount as Fellaini suffers possible ligament damage
- Protests erupt in Spain over Catalonia's move for independence
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers Game 2 score, TV channel
- Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys Odds, Analysis, NFL Betting Pick
- Some rain showers, cooler highs for Friday
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?