An average of 2,000 Rohingya cross the border everyday for safety making refugee situation in south-eastern Bangladeshi district of Cox's Bazar more complex, according to a statement issued by International Organization for Migration (IOM).
With that in mind, the government's current plans to build the world's biggest refugee camp in Kutupalong, one that will be capable of housing more than 800,000 refugees, is admirable - but it presents some clear concerns over the matters of health care. Many under 18 living in makeshift camp at Cox's Bazar highly traumatized after seeing family members killed and home set on fire. Jewel's father, Babul Hossain, told the French news agency, AFP. The United Nations has praised Bangladesh's "extraordinary spirit of generosity" in opening up its borders.
More than half a million Rohingya have arrived in Bangladesh since Burmese forces began a crackdown in Rakhine State at the end of August, in a response to anti-state violence that has been likened to genocide.
Hasina said Bangladesh took an appropriate stance to draw worldwide community's attention to the Rohingya crisis which also compelled Myanmar to open talks on the issue.
On Saturday, Hasina reiterated that the settlements for Rohingya Muslims would be temporary until they returned to their homes in Myanmar.
But a post on the page of the office of army chief Min Aung Hlaing said blazes at seven houses in a Rohingya village early Wednesday were started by an "Einu" or a militant from the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA).
During the first few days of the latest influx, Bangladesh kept its border closed but later chose to open it up to Rohingyas.
The UN has condemned Myanmar's refusal to grant it access to Rakhine state - the scene of the alleged ethnic cleansing of Rohingya Muslims. While the worst of the violence appears to have abated, insecurity, food shortages and tensions with Buddhist neighbours are still driving thousands of Rohingya to make the arduous trek to Bangladesh. It triggered a fresh influx of refugees towards neighboring Bangladesh, though the country sealed off its border to refugees.
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- PM says changes have made GST 'even simpler'
- Harvey Weinstein faced decades of sexual harassment allegations
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers Game 2 score, TV channel
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-31
- Driver detained after pedestrians injured outside London's Natural History Museum
- Trump says USA must 'wipe out' Puerto Rico debt