Belgium manager Roberto Martinez and the Belgian Football Association (KBVB) have confirmed Fellaini's injury that will keep him out for several weeks. "Get well soon Marouane!" "We fear that there's ligament damage", confirmed the former Everton manager.
Belgium however went on to win the match 4-3 having already qualified for 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Fellaini is now officially ruled out of Belgium's clash against Cyprus on Tuesday with a medial collateral ligament strain to his left knee.
However, the midfielder's growing importance to Manchester United has been highlighted in recent games and the same report states that Fellaini is likely to sign a new two-year contract with the Red Devils.
The midfielder, who has earned praise lately for his performances after being reinstated back to the first team following the injury to Paul Pogba, is now doubtful for next Saturday's clash away at Anfield to bitter rivals, Liverpool.
United have made an unbeaten start to the Premier League season, despite their injury woes, and now sit at the top of the pile alongside neighbours Manchester City. Now with the absence Fellaini, MU has only three defensive midfielders, Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera, plus captain Michael Carrick.
The Old Trafford club then visit Benfica in the Champions League four days later before a trip to Huddersfield in the league on 21 October.
Last Saturday, Fellaini scored twice as Manchester United defeated Crystal Palace 4-0.
- Musk: Tesla can rebuild Puerto Rico power grid
- Russian hackers used antivirus software to steal important NSA spying, defense tools
- Driver detained after pedestrians injured outside London's Natural History Museum
- Bump stocks are selling out in the U.S. after Las Vegas shooting
- Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys Odds, Analysis, NFL Betting Pick
- Anti-nuclear campaign group wins Nobel Peace Prize
- India go down to USA
- Brazil police arrest Olympic committee chief in bribery investigation
- Donald Trump adopts 'Spanish' accent to pronounce Puerto Rico
- Harvey Weinstein faced decades of sexual harassment allegations