Belgium manager Roberto Martinez and the Belgian Football Association (KBVB) have confirmed Fellaini's injury that will keep him out for several weeks. "Get well soon Marouane!" "We fear that there's ligament damage", confirmed the former Everton manager.
Belgium however went on to win the match 4-3 having already qualified for 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Fellaini is now officially ruled out of Belgium's clash against Cyprus on Tuesday with a medial collateral ligament strain to his left knee.
However, the midfielder's growing importance to Manchester United has been highlighted in recent games and the same report states that Fellaini is likely to sign a new two-year contract with the Red Devils.
The midfielder, who has earned praise lately for his performances after being reinstated back to the first team following the injury to Paul Pogba, is now doubtful for next Saturday's clash away at Anfield to bitter rivals, Liverpool.
United have made an unbeaten start to the Premier League season, despite their injury woes, and now sit at the top of the pile alongside neighbours Manchester City. Now with the absence Fellaini, MU has only three defensive midfielders, Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera, plus captain Michael Carrick.
The Old Trafford club then visit Benfica in the Champions League four days later before a trip to Huddersfield in the league on 21 October.
Last Saturday, Fellaini scored twice as Manchester United defeated Crystal Palace 4-0.
- Protests erupt in Spain over Catalonia's move for independence
- Pennsylvania congressman Tim Murphy to resign
- India go down to USA
- Unemployment Rate Declined In September, Hurricanes Impacted Foodservice Employment
- Red Sox have look of team ready to be swept against Astros
- Russian hackers used antivirus software to steal important NSA spying, defense tools
- PM says changes have made GST 'even simpler'
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-31
- Donald Trump adopts 'Spanish' accent to pronounce Puerto Rico
- Trump says USA must 'wipe out' Puerto Rico debt