Despite the denials, Palmer is out of a job with four races remaining, and while others might have thrown a hissy fit and given the media the "full story" or even walked away ahead of yesterday's race, the Briton did the British thing, he put on a courageous face and got on with it.
The Briton - who has scored just one points-finish in 2017 with a career-best sixth at the Singapore Grand Prix - wrote on Instagram: "Tomorrow's Japanese GP will be my last race for Renault".
Palmer said: "The Japanese Grand Prix will be my last race for Renault". But I need to remain the positives of these three years, not because of this last race am I going to go away sad.
The F1 team had neglected to inform the Englishman of their decision before they released a statement informing the world that Spaniard Carlos Sainz would be replacing him.
"More specifically, I really want to thank all my engineers and mechanics for their support and tremendous work throughout these years".
While F1 seats are still free with Williams, Toro Rosso and Sauber for 2018, Palmer is not thought to be in contention for them, leaving him on the sidelines in F1 for the time being.
After the final race, Abiteboul commented: "Jolyon's performance is another demonstration of his professionalism and his loyalty, and a very good way to bid farewell to the Renault family".
"Being able to compete in se last four races with Renault is a great opportunity to meet team and auto sooner than expected".
"We go in separate ways and I'll work on something else in the future".
"I would like to thank Carlos for all his efforts over nearly three Formula 1 seasons", Tost said.
"I wish the team all the best in the future".
- India v/s Australia 1st T20
- Steelers' Roethlisberger has five passes intercepted in loss to Jaguars
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-31
- Erdogan: FSA in New Idlib Operation
- White Nationalist group returns to Charlottesville with tiki-torches
- Novel gene test might 'narrow down breast cancer risk'
- Bigg Boss 11: Participant files FIR against Salman Khan
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers Game 2 score, TV channel
- England line up friendlies against Germany, Brazil
- European courts could decide trade disputes during transition period: PM May