The Apple iPhone 7 outsold all other smartphone models globally during the first six months of 2017, followed by the iPhone 7 Plus, according to a new report from IHS Markit. Though a dip in iPhone sales is to be expected given the mass of users who are holding out for the iPhone X, Kuo writes that demand for the iPhone 8 Plus has been higher than anticipated. The problem was traced to a design flaw. According to local reports (via The Next Web), a certain customer named Ms. Wu got a 64 GB iPhone 8 Plus in Rose Gold which cracked open five days after the time of her purchase. "We are aware of the issue and looking into it", the company said in a one-line statement. After months of investigation, Apple's rival confirmed that the fires were caused by a couple of battery manufacturing errors.
It is not yet clear whether the swollen batteries are a few isolated cases or are indicative of a bigger issue. But there's another incredible feature hiding in the iPhone X that people aren't really talking about, and it could lead to truly great things next year. Upon closer checking, it appears that the cause of destruction in the phone build is the swelled battery.
Thankfully apart from the swollen batteries, there have been no reports of explosions yet so for now it seems that Apple has managed to avoid a situation like Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 past year.
While iPads don't command the same unit volumes as iPhones, this is all still good news for TrueDepth component suppliers Lumentum, Finisar, and II-VI, which provide the vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) that Apple refers to as "Dot Projectors".
For now, the current number of reports regarding inflated iPhone 8 batteries is not enough to conclude that the problem exists in every model distributed worldwide, Tech Crunch reported. While many will look to Samsung and how it successfully traversed battery faults of its own previous year with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Apple might not be that lucky. Maxim Group raised their price objective on Apple from $171.00 to $180.00 and gave the company a "buy" rating in a research note on Monday, June 19th.
The good news at this point is that there are no reports of iPhone 8 battery exploding.
- Las Vegas Gunman Shot Security Guard Before Main Attack
- Superman Henry Cavill Can't Wait For Justice League Movie To Release
- Bigg Boss 11: Participant files FIR against Salman Khan
- Challenges and Opportunities for Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- California wildfires destroy more than 50 structures
- Maryam Nawaz, Captain Safdar appear before accountability court
- Fears of fresh Myanmar violence as Rohingya crisis intensifies
- I want border-wall funding, green-card reform for DACA
- Sessions ends transgender workplace protections
- Red Sox have look of team ready to be swept against Astros