Day 2 of the second Test between Pakistan and Sri Lanka witnessed a freakish moment of play when pacer Wahab Riaz missed his run-up and aborted the delivery five times in a row.
That same duo came to the crease on Tuesday with 119 still needed but Sri Lanka remained patient, Dilruwan Perera's 5-98 helping to secure the series 2-0 after a similarly engrossing 21-run success in the opener in Abu Dhabi.
It was Pakistan's first series defeat at their adopted home of the United Arab Emirates in seven years. Last night, it was a little hard to bowl, especially with the dew (but) we knew when we come today, it will grip more.
Whereas the win against Pakistan has Sri Lanka move up in the rankings by one spot. We lacked in our batting, we didn't play any long innings, didn't capitalise on good starts. "Their attitude and disciplibne is there and that brings the spirit too". "We are looking forward to doing well in the up and coming series as well". So, by scoring just 52 runs, the Green Army lost their five precious wickets.
Leg-spinner Yasir Shah dismissed Dilruwan Perera for nought to leave Sri Lanka in danger of being dismissed for their lowest ever total of 71 against Pakistan. "The selectors have also supported me to create the culture and passion we had in the past". Smith hurt his right shoulder diving in the field during the fifth and final one-day worldwide against India at Nagpur on Sunday, adding injury to the insult of a 4-1 series loss for the visitors. "They put their heart and soul into the practice sessions".
With the injury to Mohammad Amir, the likes of Mohammad Abbas and Wahab Riaz had to shoulder the extra responsibility to help their teams cause.
The last two matches of the five-match series will be played at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah on October 20 and 23. "Last night it was a little hard to bowl, especially with the dew". The boys are new as well and they'll learn. "You could say we've played and won with two spinners here before but, at the moment, we felt our fast bowling was more experienced", he said. "We will have some senior players returning and I hope we'll play better cricket there".
- Some rain showers, cooler highs for Friday
- Superman Henry Cavill Can't Wait For Justice League Movie To Release
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers Game 2 score, TV channel
- Man Utd's injury concerns mount as Fellaini suffers possible ligament damage
- Novel gene test might 'narrow down breast cancer risk'
- Red Sox have look of team ready to be swept against Astros
- Protests erupt in Spain over Catalonia's move for independence
- Google Pixel 2's camera is exceptional proves official camera samples
- Japanese Grand Prix To Be Jolyon Palmer's Last Renault F1 Race
- Driver detained after pedestrians injured outside London's Natural History Museum