Eminem's career is highlighted with emotionally charged raps, but this verse took things a step further, punctuated by dramatic pauses, recalibrations, and physical gestures including a fist raised in solidarity and the middle finger for Trump and any Trump supporter. The powerful song was not accompanied by music, and Eminem rapped standing in a Detroit parking garage in front of a group of African-American men.
The freestyle rap, titled "The Storm", was released October 11 as part of the BET Hip-Hop Awards.
During the rap he also gives his fans an ultimatum and tells them they must choose between him and the president.
Displaying a keen awareness of current affairs, Eminem calls out Trump for being a "kamikaze" who will probably cause a "nuclear holocaust". He referred to Trump's "support for the Klansmen" in the Charlottesville clash; questioned Trump's responses to Puerto Rico and Las Vegas; and blasted his attacks on National Football League players. Eminem adds, "All these frightful tragedies and he's bored and would rather cause a Twitter storm with the Packers". "Intensity's heightened, tensions are rising / Trump, when it comes to giving a shit, you're as stingy as I am / Except when it comes to having the balls to go against me, you hide 'em / 'Cause you don't got the fuckin" nuts, like an empty asylum".
The rapper has made a series of personal attacks on Trump, as well as angrily criticising his political decisions.
Eminem's longtime producer Denaun Porter recently said that the 44-year-old rapper had completed an album, which would be his first since 2013.
- Lafayette Fire Department holds fire prevention classes in new Fire Safety House
- Joel Embiid: Philadelphia 76ers agree five-year super-max deal with superstar
- European courts could decide trade disputes during transition period: PM May
- Amazon adds water resistance to Kindle Oasis
- Bigg Boss 11: Participant files FIR against Salman Khan
- Challenges and Opportunities for Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- Lionel Messi vs Ecuador OR Cristiano Ronaldo vs Sweden
- Trump, Tillerson meet after 'moron' story
- Google uncovered Russia-backed ads on YouTube, Gmail, reports Washington Post
- (JPM) has current market capitalization of $346.4 Billion