Chatham-Kent had 72 confirmed cases of influenza over the 2016-17 flu season, according to the health unit, which was a higher volume of cases than the previous season.
There are many types of flu viruses.
With more people eligible than ever before and the vaccine available in more locations, people should protect themselves and those around them against this potentially deadly virus. Getting an annual flu vaccine is recommended for everyone six months of age and older. Because of that, health officials are urging you get vaccinated early.
Since mothers who get vaccinated pass antibodies on to their babies during pregnancy, the flu shot helps protect the child after birth from the virus. "I like to say flu is fickle". Vaccination is more important for people with weakened immune systems, as well as those who are pregnant, elderly or live with or care for others at high risk.
"The flu is out there so it's time to get your flu shot", said Department of Health and Human Services Secretary, Mandy Cohen.
P.E.I.'s chief health officer is encouraging Islanders to take advantage of free flu shots to combat the nasty seasonal illness.
She's in Corner Brook touring the province, and the feedback the group is getting from family doctors is that some will not be giving flu shots to their patients. "Flu shots will be administered on a walk-in basis on October 19 from 9 a.m.to 4 p.m".
Vaccination appointments may be made for the flu shot beginning Monday. If you wish to attend the walk-in, visit Suite 206, in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center during the aforesaid hours. "We don't know exactly, but we want to be prepared for that, and it's one reason why it's important to get your vaccine".
Avoiding a flu shot in the United States is no big deal, every second person in USA avoid getting their flu shot each year.
Other actions to prevent the spread of the flu include washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes and not reusing tissues and "staying home when you're sick", Passaretti said. As per the Health and Safety page of the University website, flu viruses remain active for almost 2-8 hours after being deposited on a hard surface.
- California wildfires destroy more than 50 structures
- The Nature Conservancy's Statement Regarding the Repeal of the Clean Power Plan
- European courts could decide trade disputes during transition period: PM May
- Japanese Grand Prix To Be Jolyon Palmer's Last Renault F1 Race
- What Are Analysts Suggestions On Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP)
- Harvey Weinstein fired over sexual harassment allegations
- Lafayette Fire Department holds fire prevention classes in new Fire Safety House
- Assassin's Creed Origins' Season Pass and post-launch content detailed
- (JPM) has current market capitalization of $346.4 Billion
- A Glimpse Into Insider Trading And Ownership At Valero Energy Corporation (VLO)