Brady reportedly suffered the sprain when sacked by Carolina's Julius Peppers two games ago, and the injury was aggravated during last Thursday's game at Tampa Bay. We say this every year and he keeps getting better. "I just think it's the overall level of execution". Besides missing 15 games in 2008 with a torn ACL, the only games Brady has missed as a starter were last season when he was suspended for his role in Deflategate. With that in mind, defenses have been able to design plays to hit Brady with more frequency.
The Jets have allowed just 8.5 FanDuel points per game to opposing tight ends, but Gronkowski's not just another tight end. Compare that to Jets quarterback Josh McCown, who is off to a great start in his own right, with 1,020 yards, five touchdowns and four interceptions.
Although Bill Belichick has commended the 40-year-old quarterback's toughness, keeping him upright and healthy is going to ensure that the Patriots maintain the offensive dominance that has been paramount in their three wins thus far.
"You want to hand the ball off 70 times a game?" He's the No. 3 receiver and top punt returner, having totaled 23 catches for 267 yards, with one touchdown, to go along with six punt returns for 112 yards (18.7 average). The Patriots have already allowed 30 or more points three times in their first five games; they allowed 30 or more points only once a year ago. Both teams come into the game fresh off a win, and both teams are tied in first place.
Playoff talk is premature at this point, but that could change if the Jets upset New England this weekend. Obviously, they're known for winning. Since this game has a lot more meaning than originally thought, don't expect the Patriots to take the Jets lightly.
"Some guys have gotten lucky", Bowles said. The injury kept him out of the victory in Cleveland and it's not clear yet that he'll be ready to roll for New England. They're a tough team to prepare for. "It gives us an opportunity to see where we're really at".
- I want border-wall funding, green-card reform for DACA
- Lavrov says Tehran abides by all commitments on Iran nuclear deal
- What Are Analysts Suggestions On Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP)
- Myanmar prepared to clear out Rohingyas before rebel attacks: Bangladesh
- NYC, London police taking fresh look at Weinstein claims
- The Nature Conservancy's Statement Regarding the Repeal of the Clean Power Plan
- Day One testimony continues in Jessica Chambers murder trial
- What Radamel Falcao Really Said To Peru Midfielder Renato Tapia Revealed
- Trump warns it's 'possible' the USA will drop out of Nafta
- Trump says USA nuke force must be in 'tiptop shape'