Parallel to the announcement of this new helmet, Facebook drop in the price of the Oculus Rift: it is now sold at 399 dollars, levers included. According to the analyst that works with IDC, John Delaney, if this VR doesn't go "mass market at this price point", Facebook can conclude that "it never will".
The Go was described by Zuckerberg as sitting in the "sweet spot" between PC VR and mobile VR and will likely spawn some interesting mid-range content both in the gaming market as well as other VR experiences. Set to release in early 2018, the Oculus Go will have a 2560×1440 resolution on LCD displays with reduced glare.
At the time of writing, Oculus hasn't announced when the Oculus Go will hit United Kingdom shores.
The $900 package contains an Oculus Rift headset, Touch controllers, remote, three sensors and three Rift Fits headset foam pads.
The virtual headset would be competing the brands by start of the year.
But, what else does Oculus Go offer that its fully fleshed out sibling does not?
"We did build up a lot of hype, and we really believe in all that hype - the potential for VR, VR as a computing platform". Facebook's Oculus Go headset is comparable to Samsung's Gear VR headset in terms of functionality. "If we assume 15% is going to VR that would imply over $5.5 billion in spending, which we see as more than adequate to accomplish it's billion-user target". Zuckerberg also said that this new device would come with other apps that the Gear VR had integrated.
The company is positioning this as a VR experience for people on a budget and has an aim to reach as well as bring more than 1 billion people to the Virtual reality world.
Since it bought Oculus VR in 2014, FB stock hasn't seen many positives from the acquisition.
At the same time Oculus showed off positionally tracked controllers, which are created to work with the new standalone headset and allow for natural and unrestricted movement. These speakers play out loud though, so if you want some privacy, you can still plug in your own headphones via the 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Day One testimony continues in Jessica Chambers murder trial
- NYC, London police taking fresh look at Weinstein claims
- Trump warns it's 'possible' the USA will drop out of Nafta
- United States bombers conduct drills off both coasts of Korean Peninsula
- What Are Analysts Suggestions On Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP)
- The US Is Leaving UNESCO - Again
- What Radamel Falcao Really Said To Peru Midfielder Renato Tapia Revealed
- Face ID Could Be On iPad Pro Next Year: Kuo
- Trump says USA nuke force must be in 'tiptop shape'
- A Glimpse Into Insider Trading And Ownership At Valero Energy Corporation (VLO)