Arguably the biggest game of the year. "I was waiting for Jurgen to change", Mourinho said by way of explanation.
"You will see, United will not lose a lot of games in this season", he added.
Just one win in seven matches between the worldwide breaks have left the Reds seventh in the Premier League table, without a win from two Champions League games and eliminated from the EFL Cup following a hugely disappointing September. We didn't have many chances but we had two good chances that we didn't take.
"It's quite hard when a top-class team like Man United has that defensive approach".
Matteo Darmian: "I think yes [it is a good point] because I think, even before we come here, it's always hard".
"I think at this stage it would be a brilliant three points for United". That's easy. But it's a home game so we should be dominant. I am okay with the performance - it is not my job to judge the United performance. "I felt the referee should have given us a penalty", Klopp said.
United look like a different beast this season, though, and with Liverpool winless at home since August the visitors may be tempted to attack more than they have on recent visits - something which could play into the hosts' hands.
The United boss, who did not start Marcus Rashford as a result of a knock, defended his team's tactics and said United came to win the match. He kept the strong midfield and that midfield was stronger than mine.
"That midfield today was stronger than my midfielder".
The Portuguese manager has a reputation for shutting up shop in games against big teams - particularly in away matches, which Saturday's is - but Sky Sports report that the United boss laughed off suggestions that he would go ultra-defensive.
The game then fizzled out after the break, with neither side mustering a shot on target in the second 45.
"So they are happy and we are not happy".
At the end of the season, this point may be the one that wins United the title, but the two points they could have picked up may ultimately be the difference between finishing first and finishing second.
Philippe Coutinho was to the fore as Liverpool began the second half in the ascendancy and his compatriot Firmino saw a speculative strike deflected into the side netting with De Gea wrongfooted.
And, as everyone knows, chess is not much of a spectator sport.
- Oculus Go: Facebook announces $199 Oculus Go VR headset
- Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) now has an analysts' mean recommendation of 2.4
- Joel Embiid: Philadelphia 76ers agree five-year super-max deal with superstar
- United States bombers conduct drills off both coasts of Korean Peninsula
- Keys to Victory in New England Patriots' Week 6 Matchup
- What Is Insider Trading Activity Like At General Electric Company (GE)?
- Labor union files complaint against Cowboys owner for national anthem policy
- The US Is Leaving UNESCO - Again
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Friday
- (JPM) has current market capitalization of $346.4 Billion