Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro has filed a Federal Lawsuit against the Trump Administration after it ruled to rollback the Affordable Care Act birth control mandate. If the federal government fails in its obligation to pay insurers for these CSRs, those Washingtonians, plus an additional 34,000 enrollees who have purchased similar plans, will face dramatic premium increases that threaten their ability to obtain health care.
In recent years, the U.S. federal government has paid the Obamacare subsidies without congressional authorization, which critics claim violates a constitutional requirement that congressional approval is required for budgeting and spending money.
Halting the ObamaCare subsidy payments amounts to killing the Affordable Care say critics of Trump's decision.
Trump's health care order came weeks after the failure of the latest Republican attempt to repeal former President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act.
"It's well past time that President Trump learns that he doesn't just get to pick and choose which laws he'll follow or which bills he'll pay", Becerra said. As a result of these abuses [i.e. violations of various federal laws], which replace evidence-based science and medical reasoning with political calculation, millions of women could be penalized and denied needed contraceptive care against the advice of science, public health and medical professionals. Our coalition of states stands ready to sue if President Trump cuts them off.
According to Ferguson, Trump's decision will raise premiums for thousands of Washingtonians.
Leading Democrats in Congress excoriated the president's executive orders. He also stated that it will "lead to higher costs", putting the health coverage of more than six million Americans at risk. He says his office's suit will contend that the Affordable Care Act is a law, and that the cost sharing reduction payments are integral to maintaining the law.
- The US Is Leaving UNESCO - Again
- NYC, London police taking fresh look at Weinstein claims
- Trump warns it's 'possible' the USA will drop out of Nafta
- What Is Insider Trading Activity Like At General Electric Company (GE)?
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- Arsene Wenger angered by 'scandalous' penalty decision after Watford defeat
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Lavrov says Tehran abides by all commitments on Iran nuclear deal
- India vs Australia: Wet outfield delays start of deciding T20 in Hyderabad
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Friday