Authorities investigating three fatal shootings and a stabbing in southern OH canceled a missing-child alert for an 8-year-old boy but continued searching Thursday for a man they called a "person of interest".
The Lawrence County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called to an Elizabeth Township trailer around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday where three adults were found dead.
So far, Lawson has only been referred to as a "person-of-interest" in the case by the authorities.
An endangered missing child advisory has been issued for an 8-year-old Lawrence County boy who went missing from a crime scene involving a triple homicide.
Authorities are looking for 8-year-old Devin Holston. "It looked like (someone) had been trying to hide the child in a location that wasn't obvious for law enforcement to look at".
At midmorning Friday, Lawson was seen walking along a county road in a wooded area about 12 miles from the trailer home.
He was last seen at a 15497 State Route 63 home on Wednesday. That area is around 40 miles southeast from where Devin Holston was killed.
Lawrence County Sheriff Jeffery Lawless says a fourth adult who came upon the crime scene after work was stabbed there and fled to seek help.
The search for Lawson included local, tri-state and federal agencies, more than 100 officers, and the use of aircraft, Lawless said.
Neighbors, who asked not to be named for privacy concerns, said the residence was not known for trouble. Holston's body was recovered Thursday morning, hidden in the home. Lawson was wearing a camouflage jacket, but the sheriff said investigators hadn't determined whether it was his or an item he stole while on the run.
"The boy is described as 4'8" tall and weighs 80 pounds.
Agents from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation have been helping Lawrence County with the investigation, BCI spokeswoman Jill Del Greco said. The sheriff's office says releasing further information would compromise the investigation.
Victims' names had not been released as of press time Thursday pending identification and notification of family.
Lawless had earlier told reporters that families and friends of the suspect were "dumbfounded" at the alleged murders, with relatives of victims saying there had been no previous signs of violence. "I want to get all my facts straight".
- The US Is Leaving UNESCO - Again
- Brokers Add To Their Ratings On Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)
- Catawba County Public Health to host flu shot clinics
- Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) now has an analysts' mean recommendation of 2.4
- NYC, London police taking fresh look at Weinstein claims
- Keys to Victory in New England Patriots' Week 6 Matchup
- Labor union files complaint against Cowboys owner for national anthem policy
- United States bombers conduct drills off both coasts of Korean Peninsula
- Lionel Messi vs Ecuador OR Cristiano Ronaldo vs Sweden
- Amazon Echo: Alexa Can Tell Voices Apart with Individual Voice Profiles