Hello and Welcome to our live coverage of a cracker of a contest between arch-rivals India and Pakistan at the Maulana Bhashani National Hockey Stadium in Dhaka.
India are now sitting atop Pool A with six points from two wins while Pakistan are placed second with four points.
After the two easy wins against Japan (5-1) and hosts Bangladesh (7-0), as expected India had a relatively tough outing against Pakistan but managed to maintain their all-win record.
# But they missed the opportunity again. Their last meeting at Kuantan in 2009 ended in the Men in Green's favour as they took the match 3-2. India might again face Pakistan, but not before the final.
With three wins from three games, India finished on top of Pool A. Pakistan, meanwhile, secured the second spot with four points and qualified for the round-robin Super 4 stage of the tournament.
# Pakistan will now need to speed up their attack if they want to fight back. In the 17th minute, the 20-year-old midfielder netted the first goal for his side. They will be looking to win by a similar scoreline on Sunday. "I still don't think our PC conversation is bad".
Interestingly, Pakistan has won as many as five times while India's lone win against Pakistan in this event came in 2003.
On the other hand, Pakistan defended well and looked to hurt India on the counter which saw them earn a penalty corner in the last minute of first quarter which they failed to convert as the teams ended the first quarter goal-less.
Pakistan: Mazhar Abbas (goal keeper), Amjad Ali (goal keeper), Muhammad Irfan (captain), Atif Mushtaq, Mubashar Ali, Ammad Shakeel Butt, Abu Bakar Mahmood, Tasawwar Abbas, Rashid Mahmood, Rizwan Jr, Arslan Qadir, Azfar Yaqoob, Umar Bhutta, Rizwan Sr, Ali Shan, Muhammad Atiq, Waqas Akbar and Ajaz Ahmad.
It was goals by Gurjant Singh (seventh minute), Akashdeep Singh (10th), Lalit Upadhyay (13th), Amit Rohidas (20th), Harmanpreet Singh (28th and 47th), Ramandeep Singh (46th) that ensured India were on top of the pool table.
- NYC, London police taking fresh look at Weinstein claims
- India vs Australia: Wet outfield delays start of deciding T20 in Hyderabad
- Trump warns it's 'possible' the USA will drop out of Nafta
- Rafa Benitez on Everton's shortlist to replace Ronald Koeman
- Brokers Add To Their Ratings On Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- Catawba County Public Health to host flu shot clinics
- What Radamel Falcao Really Said To Peru Midfielder Renato Tapia Revealed
- Keys to Victory in New England Patriots' Week 6 Matchup
- Returning to The Upside Down