The Los Angeles Chargers are nearly always on the short end of the stick when it comes to game-winners.
The Raiders had taken the lead on a 47-yard end-around by Cordarrelle Patterson but that and the return of quarterback Derek Carr weren't enough to end this slide. A win against Los Angeles would have given them a win within the division, and a chance to make the playoffs.
"We feel like Nick (Novak) was the best choice for our team", head coach Anthony Lynn said after the team waived Koo. One way the Raiders offense can get back on track is by designing plays to feature one of their most explosive weapons.
Six games into the season, the Raiders are in a serious hole being 2-4 and face another tall order with the Chiefs coming to town for a Thursday night showdown.
This time the field goal went in for the Los Angeles Chargers, and it was the opponent wondering what went wrong on a key kick.
The fourth-year quarterback finished the day completing a very efficient 70 percent of his passes (21-of-30) but for just 171 yards - Carr has not thrown for 200 yards since Oakland's last win.
The Raiders answered with Patterson's long touchdown run.
On defense, the Raiders will face a familiar face in quarterback Philip Rivers who is now in his 14th season in the National Football League, all with the Chargers.
OAKLAND - The Chargers have themselves a winning streak.
Novak made both of his field-goal attempts three days later in a victory over the New York Giants, but he missed a 48-yard try in the first quarter Sunday.
Below are some of the best tweets following Los Angeles' 17-16 victory over Oakland. Carr has won his past four starts against the Chargers and has 11 touchdown passes and four interceptions in six games against them. "But more importantly, you've got to bounce back and make all those extra points, and continue to do my job".
But Giorgio Tavecchio missed the extra point, leaving the Chargers down just two points with almost eight minutes left on the game clock. Have thoughts on how the Raiders and Chargers are performing? None of them led to any points.
Carr, who suffered a transverse process fracture in his back two weeks ago in Denver, was back on the field a month ahead of schedule Sunday. The Chargers failed to capitalize.
Still, Carr kept pinpointing the offense struggles, including an interception in the first quarter when he overthrew Michael Crabtree at the Raiders' 41-yard line. But that drive was hurt by an illegal formation on the first play that wiped out a 19-yard gain to Cooper.
In the third, Pullard snatched a pass that bounced off of running back Marshawn Lynch. The Raiders are optimistic Carr will play against the Chargers, but the Raiders issues go beyond the quarterback position.
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Friday
- Oculus Go: Facebook announces $199 Oculus Go VR headset
- Rafa Benitez on Everton's shortlist to replace Ronald Koeman
- Controversial Fumble Call Dominates Postgame Discussion From Patriots' Win Over Jets
- Bank of America Corporation (NASDAQ:BAC) To Report Earnings
- Exchange Capital Management Inc. Sells 7010 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO)
- Aaron Rodgers injury: Packers report QB broke collarbone, might miss season
- Brokers Add To Their Ratings On Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)
- India vs Australia: Wet outfield delays start of deciding T20 in Hyderabad
- States sue Trump to preserve Obamacare discounts