Zervos accuses Trump of assaulting her in 2007. That isn't my identity as a man, and it isn't the means by which I've led my life.
Zervos filed a defamation suit against Trump in January.
US President Donald Trump on Monday dubbed all sexual assault allegations against him "fake news" after his campaign was subpoenaed as part of a defamation suit brought by a former reality show contestant.
The subpoena also specifically demands all documents concerning Summer Zervos, Jessica Leeds, Mindy McGillivray, Rachel Crooks, Natasha Stoynoff, Temple Taggart, Kristin Anderson, Cathy Heller, Jill Harth, Jessica Drake, and John Barry (Barry is a cousin of Zervos who spoke out in support of Trump). Trump refuted all the allegations.
"When you're a star, they let you do it", Trump said.
Donald Trump is "a liar and a misogynist" that has "denigrated and defamed Summer Zervos with false claims", adds the complaint, as cited by BuzzFeed. Trump's legal team unsuccessfully tried to have the suit dismissed in July, arguing that the current president can not face a civil lawsuit.
Trump's lawyers have said that they believe this matter has no standing, at least while their client is in the Oval Office.
The attorneys additionally asked for "all documents" pertaining to other women who made similar accusations against Trump. The purportedly defamatory articulations were made amid a national political battle that included warmed political civil argument in political gatherings. "Statements made in that context are properly viewed by courts a part of the expected fiery rhetoric, hyperbole and opinion that is squarely protected by the First Amendment", his lawyers argued in a court motion. They said it targeted 'wholly irrelevant information intended exclusively to harass the president'.
Trump's attorneys face an October 31 deadline to further respond in support of the request for the case to be dismissed.
The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment on the subpoena.
- Klopp rules out major changes for Maribor clash
- Syrian air defenses hit infiltrating Israeli warplane
- Ignyta, Inc. (RXDX) is RA Capital Management LLC's 7th Largest Position
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Controversial Fumble Call Dominates Postgame Discussion From Patriots' Win Over Jets
- US, Israel quit UNESCO
- Antero Midstream Partners LP (NYSE:AM) Lose Value For the Week
- Rafa Benitez on Everton's shortlist to replace Ronald Koeman
- Top smartphones for gaming