The late Carrie Fisher was not one to mince her words, and she also had a habit of being a surrogate mother to others in the industry.
So instead of being the long lost starlet we remembered as Leia Organa, she let her voice be heard and let Hollywood know that she wasn't afraid of aging or what they thought of her.
Ross told the station about in incident in which a producer (not Weinstein) picked her up to take her to dinner, but pulled the vehicle over and climbed on top of her, pinning her to the seat.
Ross told her dear friend and deadest legend Carrie Fisher about the assault.
The late actress and writer made a decision to treat the unnamed "Oscar-winning producer" a lesson when she discovered what he had done to pal Heather Ross.
While at Sony studios, Fisher visited this producer and personally delivered a Tiffany box wrapped in a white bow.
If you're looking for a unique way to confront sexual harassers, take a page from Carrie Fisher's book.
This incredible story about Fischer not only made her more iconic but also gave women around the world an idea about how to deal with sexual predators in the future. She reiterated her own story of being assaulted back in 2000 by an anonymous Oscar-winning producer.
'When it happened, it happened so quickly that I was ashamed of myself, ' she said.
The Star Wars actress made it very clear how she felt about sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour, and apparently hand-delivered a gift-wrapped gift to the producer. Since then, women like Rose McGowan, Angelina Jolie, Asia Argento, and others have vehemently spoken out against him. "I miss her dearly".
Carrie Fisher attends The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at UCLA, on April 24, 2004 in Westwood, California.
"I thought meeting up with him, having lunch or dinner with him, that I was asking for it".
Listen to Ross's full interview below.
- Hungry? Now You Can Order Food Directly Through Facebook
- Arsene Wenger angered by 'scandalous' penalty decision after Watford defeat
- (Hockey) India, Pakistan qualify for round robin of Asia Cup
- Netflix's (NFLX) "Hold" Rating Reaffirmed at Argus
- Oakland Raiders lose a complete heartbreaker to Los Angeles Chargers, 17-16
- Aaron Rodgers injury: Packers report QB broke collarbone, might miss season
- The Pitts; Chiefs stymied again by Steelers at home
- Ignyta, Inc. (RXDX) is RA Capital Management LLC's 7th Largest Position
- Exchange Capital Management Inc. Sells 7010 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO)
- Antero Midstream Partners LP (NYSE:AM) Lose Value For the Week