After the 1, Polestar wants to introduce a competitor to the Tesla Model 3, and another EV which will a direct competitor to the Tesla Model X. Finally, all of Polestar's models will be made in a China-based factory.
It will be followed soon by an all-electric vehicle aptly named the Polestar 2.
"Services that exceed the needs, desires and expectations of the premium performance vehicle customer are at the heart of Polestar, removing the inconvenience of ownership and allowing customers to purely concentrate on the pleasure of driving a Polestar auto".
Polestar will also embrace Volvo's new subscription service for its vehicles rather than traditional auto ownership. That vehicle will be fully electric, one of five that Volvo and Polestar are planning to introduce between 2019 and 2021.
The Polestar 1, a left-hand drive two-door coupe, can travel up to 150km on electric power alone and can deliver 600hp of torque. The Polestar engineers have tinkered with about 50 percent of it, making it 0.65 meters (25.6 inches) shorter in the process. The Polestar 1 will form a halo for the Polestar brand.
Remember a few months back when Volvo's rare-groove performance arm, Polestar, announced it wanted to reinvent itself as the electric performance vehicle brand? Other tricks include torque vectoring thanks to a double-electric rear axle.
Polestar may be a new brand in its own right, but it has visibly retain the aura of a performance that she played in the bosom of Volvo. However, that is likely to be reduced by a third using the U.S. EPA test cycle.
Polestar plans to launch its first pure battery-electric model in 2019 targeting the Tesla Model 3. Ingenlath declined to give a price, but the Tesla starts at $35,000. And if you're seriously up to date on your Volvo knowledge, you'll be aware that Volvo and its parent company Geely just pumped €640 million into Polestar to make it an innovative, electric performance brand.
Moving on to the rear, if you look really close you'll see that the two models are a bit more different than they were when viewed from the front. Each of these will be boosted by a range of petrol and diesel plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid 48-volt options, Volvo said in its initial announcement. On the market the auto is expected in 2019. The country recently announced rules that would require BEVs and PHEVs to account for at least 20% of total sales by 2025.
China is the world's biggest market for electrics and hybrids. California may follow that move and 11 other USA states would likely adopt such a zero-emissions mandate.
- Sunday Night Match Up: Giants at Broncos
- Buccaneers vs. Cardinals: Highlights, recap and more
- Lions and Saints swap late pick-sixes on the goal line
- Iraqi forces launch operation for Kurdish-held oil fields, military base
- Trump's Campaign Subpoenaed for All Sexual Assault Allegations
- (Hockey) India, Pakistan qualify for round robin of Asia Cup
- Hungry? Now You Can Order Food Directly Through Facebook
- Exchange Capital Management Inc. Sells 7010 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO)
- Oakland Raiders lose a complete heartbreaker to Los Angeles Chargers, 17-16
- Vegan Alternatives For Threatening Sexual Predators (Just Like Carrie Fisher Did!)