One such device that will make you sit right and take notice is ZTE's Axon M. This smartphone, unlike other foldable phones, does not feature a foldable screen. While the handset doesn't feature the best hardware to date, the Shenzhen-based original equipment manufacturer isn't highlighting its basic internal specs as some of its selling points. After 10 years of iterative enhancements, the ZTE Axon M will start a new decade of innovation that meets the needs of global consumers. The Axon M is an ordinary Android smartphone on the software front, but it makes use of two 5.2-inch Full HD displays to provide a much larger usable screen area, nearly like a tablet. Those displays each measure in at 5.2 inches, they both have a resolution 1080p HD display, and they boast Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
We definitely think foldable phones will be the next huge thing in the smartphone industry if someone can actually pull it off.
Mirror Mode: Display the same content at the same time on both screens and simply fold the device and place it for easy viewing from two separate sides of the device. Starting with dual mode, users can open different applications on both the screens. Talking about its software (OS), the smartphone runs on Google's Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system out-of-the-box.
Still, if you need a device that can do tent mode, and that offers a novel 8:9 screen ratio in dual-screen mode, the Axon M is one of a kind. Users can either use the primary display or flip open the phone to activate the second one. It is powered by a Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Alongside the usual back / home / multitasking icons at the bottom of the screen, the ZTE Axon M has a dual-screen mode switching "M" icon (see pic above). The Chinese vendor has also confirmed that the Axon M will also be available in other markets including China, Europe, and Japan sometime later of this year.
ZTE has revealed the first folding phone, beating Samsung and LG to the punch. The Axon M has a single 20-megapixel camera that can be used for rear and front-facing photos.
ZTE hasn't announced any details regarding pricing (aside from the fact it won't be super cheap, The Verge) or a release date for the Axon M, but it has been confirmed that this will be an AT&T exclusive in the States. The phone has a 3,180 mAh of battery capacity.
- Garmin Speak puts Amazon Alexa in your auto
- Trump's Campaign Subpoenaed for All Sexual Assault Allegations
- The Pitts; Chiefs stymied again by Steelers at home
- Full Trailer for Ryan Coogler's 'Black Panther' with Chadwick Boseman
- ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS (NYSE:ETP) Noteworthy Mover
- Benfica teen Svilar breaks Casillas´ Champions League record against Man Utd
- Volvo's Polestar performance division is releasing its first auto , the Polestar 1
- Brief Overview on Stock's Performances: The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Google tributes 'The Life and Legacy of Selena Quintanilla' with Doodle
- Buccaneers vs. Cardinals: Highlights, recap and more