The positive for the Saints is that Green Bay hasn't been able to cash in on those turnovers with points in their first game without injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
Two plays later, Brees went deep to Ginn for 40 yards, but two plays after that, Packers CB Davon House intercepted a deep ball for Thomas, and the Packers took over deep in their own territory.
The Packers are now in first place in the NFC North division with a 4-2 record. - Drew Brees gave the Saints the game-sealing touchdown on Sunday by doing something that's all too familiar to fans in New Orleans.
The Green Bay Packers' season has taken a turn for the worst. The Saints had a 9-0 third quarter and followed by outscoring the home team 10-3 in the fourth. "I didn't play well enough, we didn't score enough points to win the game".
Brees finished 27 of 38 for 331 yards, and Ingram ran for 105 yards on 22 carries. The New Orleans Saint quarterback was sacked just once for a loss of seven yards and picked off twice. Plus, receiver Ted Ginn Jr. muffed two punt returns (luckily one was overturned by penalty and he recovered the other one).
Hundley finished 12 of 25 for 87 yards.
He managed to get 44 yards on the ground and a touchdown. Rookie running Aaron Jones had a 15-yard run on the first play from scrimmage and later burst untouched for a 46-yard touchdown to cap the opening drive. Tight end Martellus Bennett was the leading receiver with 17 yards on two catches.
Another road game, another good win for the New Orleans Saints. New Orleans hosts the Chicago Bears next weekend. Snead was inactive Sunday after being limited in practice all week with a lingering hamstring injury and has missed a total of five games due to suspension and injury. Eastern Time at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Now Hundley will attempt to fill his shoes in Green Bay in an effort to keep the Packers in the playoff picture.
Brett Hundley's first National Football League start could not have begun much better.
But Green Bay couldn't generate big plays late trailing by two scores, the kind of situation in which Rodgers thrives.
- Why Trump's Third Travel Ban Got Struck Down Again
- Trump jabs at critic, calls her 'Wacky' Wilson
- Federal appeals court to consider blocking undocumented teen's scheduled abortion
- Analysts Watch General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) And Issue New Targets
- P&G share price falls as revenue just misses expectations in earnings report
- Playboy Set For First Transgender Playmate
- How And When To Watch Orionid Meteor Shower 2017 This Weekend
- Iran nuclear deal: Khamenei denounces Trump's 'rants and whoppers'
- Raiders Clinch Late Win Over Chiefs As Marshawn Lynch Is Ejected
- Mersal team not averse to cut out GST reference