Going back to the performance as a whole, there was praise extended to Alexis Sanchez on a day where the Chilean scored and assisted, truly tearing the Everton defence apart. An error from Petr Cech gifted Everton a second before Alexis Sanchez wrapped things up in the final minute.
We lost 5-2 today, it's a big result even against teams like Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger has indicated that the Arsenal side that will face Everton on Sunday (22 October) will have most of the players that did not travel to Serbia for their 1-0 win over Red Star Belgrade on Thursday.
The Toffees crumbled after Idrissa Gueye was shown a second yellow card in the 68th minute, with the heavy defeat adding to the pressure on Koeman.
Despite trailing, Arsenal dominated from then on, mustering 17 shots on goal in the first half alone, one of which was Nacho Monreal's equalizer from close range five minutes before the break.
"The sending off of Gana made it really hard".
The game comes at the end of a week in which the futures of both players at the Emirates Stadium, particularly Ozil, came under renewed scrutiny.
So far Oezil is having a hard season with Arsenal.
Sanchez is quoted as saying by the Daily Express: "When he has a goal-scoring chance, he is a good finisher".
Everton took an early lead against the run of play when Wayne Rooney recreated a version of his first Premier League goal as a precocious 16-year-old against the same opposition 15 years and three days later.
The Frenchman ended his away goal drought by netting in the third goal against Everton.
Lacazette has only played a full match for Arsenal just once in the league this term.
The German's 24 chances created was the most number of key chances he provided before registering an actual assist.
The Gunners reacted to the goal and nearly restored parity after Sanchez saw his free-kick spilled by Pickford but the former Sunderland goalkeeper came off his line to save the rebound from Aaron Ramsey. His assist was his first one in just over two years for the Gunners, and he marked his return in style.
- Why Trump's Third Travel Ban Got Struck Down Again
- Chelsea vs Watford: Marco Silva fumes at 'unfair result' after controlling game
- Families and friends gather to spread awareness during walk for breast cancer
- Dodgers Fans Launch Petitions To Bring Back Vin Scully For World Series
- Extraordinary Manchester City Can Win Champions League - Napoli Coach
- Mersal team not averse to cut out GST reference
- Analyst Stock Ratings: EnLink Midstream, LLC (ENLC), Micron Technology, Inc. (MU)
- Proteas remain No 1 with Bangladesh whitewash
- More Weather Turmoil for Britain as Storm Brian Is Named
- Raiders Clinch Late Win Over Chiefs As Marshawn Lynch Is Ejected