George Clooney has revealed that his lawyer wife Amal has faced "situations" of sexual harassment at work as he addressed the ongoing Harvey Weinstein scandal. "I never talked to Gwyneth about it-Ben told me", Damon told ABC News's Michael Strahan. "I knew he was an a**hole". I wouldn't want to be married to the guy, but that's not my business, really.
He went on to feature in a handful of other Miramax productions, but Damon was unaware of how Weinstein was behaving behind closed doors, amid allegations he sexually harassed or assaulted multiple women over three decades. "But I will say that somebody knew and if there was a reporter that sat on a story for years and didn't write it, I want to know why because I would have liked to know to these stories". "I never talked to Gwyneth about it".
He said "You don't have to have children to think in terms of how Harvey Weinstein and people have treated women and to think how bad that is, you don't need children to point you in that direction". Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Ashley Judd are among the women who have claimed Weinstein made unwanted sexual advances toward them early in their careers, and several women, including Rose McGowan, have accused Weinstein of rape. The actor, who originally got his start on the TV show ER, is part of the group who decided that Harvery Weinstein should be kicked out of the elite group that is the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, after multiple allegations of sexual assault.
Since the article that was publshed in the New York Times about Weinstein, women all across the country have become more vocal about their encounters with sexual harrassment in the workplace. "Ben told me", Damon said.
Miramax was the place, really the place, that was making great stuff in the 90s.
"I knew that story".
The fallout of Harvey Weinstein continues to make headlines as more A-listers speak about the character of Weinstein and how the industry has maintained to keep this silenced over the years.
"I thought you were my Uncle Harvey", Paltrow, who was 22 at the time, remembers thinking afterward. "I didn't really trust him, truly, on the grounds that to accept is trust the most exceedingly terrible of a few on-screen characters who were companions of mine".
- Mersal team not averse to cut out GST reference
- Tesla to Build Plant in China
- Analyst Stock Ratings: EnLink Midstream, LLC (ENLC), Micron Technology, Inc. (MU)
- "Pay with Google" makes the Android shopping experience a lot smoother
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) Given "Hold" Rating at Mizuho
- Hundreds gather for vigil for Sherin Mathews, hours after unidentified body discovered
- Trump jabs at critic, calls her 'Wacky' Wilson
- [Tweets] Ozil, Wilshere & More Celebrate Online After Arsenal Put 5 Past Everton
- Raiders Clinch Late Win Over Chiefs As Marshawn Lynch Is Ejected
- Lyft Raises $1 Billion in Funding Round Led by Alphabet's CapitalG