The name on the account is Reinhold Niebuhr, who was a real person. "Will try to tweet in useful ways", tweeted Comey, who has a book deal with Flatiron Books. In introducing the Twitter account, he added, "Gotta get back to writing".
Comey wrote, "Goodbye Iowa". But on October 19, it came alive again, blasting out peaceful images of nature accompanied by innocuous commentary such as "Beautiful fall day at West Point", and "Good place to think about leadership and values".
Earlier this year, a reporter for Gizmodo traced the Twitter account to Comey, after doing what she described as "four hours of sleuthing".
President Donald Trump fired Comey in May.
Some posters on Twitter were speculating he was running for USA president because photos were taken in Iowa.
Comey, who was sacked by the president in May, also posed for a photo along a rural, farm road with a neatly groomed field and shining stainless steel grain bins as his backdrop, as countless White House aspirants have done before him.
But local media dismissed the idea, and said Mr Comey was probably on a family visit as his wife is from the state and suggested that it could have been his father-in-law's 90th birthday at the weekend. Many of them relating to news about the FBI and the USA federal investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election. Blamed by both sides for interfering with the election, Comey has gone relatively quiet over the last 4 months, only making a few statements since his testimony in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee back in June.
- Families and friends gather to spread awareness during walk for breast cancer
- Facebook has no plans to make newsfeed changes worldwide
- Porsche 911 Carrera T is a lightweight touring distillation
- Wall Street Analysts Forecast 17.9% on Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB)
- Proteas remain No 1 with Bangladesh whitewash
- Martavis Bryant No Show at Pittsburgh Steelers Facility on Monday
- TY Hilton calls out Colts offensive line after shutout loss
- Dodgers Fans Launch Petitions To Bring Back Vin Scully For World Series
- Does Eric Bledsoe Want Off The Phoenix Suns?
- Packers, without Rodgers, fall to Saints