The name on the account is Reinhold Niebuhr, who was a real person. "Will try to tweet in useful ways", tweeted Comey, who has a book deal with Flatiron Books. In introducing the Twitter account, he added, "Gotta get back to writing".
Comey wrote, "Goodbye Iowa". But on October 19, it came alive again, blasting out peaceful images of nature accompanied by innocuous commentary such as "Beautiful fall day at West Point", and "Good place to think about leadership and values".
Earlier this year, a reporter for Gizmodo traced the Twitter account to Comey, after doing what she described as "four hours of sleuthing".
President Donald Trump fired Comey in May.
Some posters on Twitter were speculating he was running for USA president because photos were taken in Iowa.
Comey, who was sacked by the president in May, also posed for a photo along a rural, farm road with a neatly groomed field and shining stainless steel grain bins as his backdrop, as countless White House aspirants have done before him.
But local media dismissed the idea, and said Mr Comey was probably on a family visit as his wife is from the state and suggested that it could have been his father-in-law's 90th birthday at the weekend. Many of them relating to news about the FBI and the USA federal investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election. Blamed by both sides for interfering with the election, Comey has gone relatively quiet over the last 4 months, only making a few statements since his testimony in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee back in June.
- Singapore is banning all new private vehicles from its roads
- New Google Pixel 2 XL Has A Major OLED Screen Problem
- Hundreds gather for vigil for Sherin Mathews, hours after unidentified body discovered
- Packers, without Rodgers, fall to Saints
- Dodgers Fans Launch Petitions To Bring Back Vin Scully For World Series
- Lyft Raises $1 Billion in Funding Round Led by Alphabet's CapitalG
- Lincoln County Sheriff's Office Taking Back Unwanted Prescription Drugs
- Raiders Clinch Late Win Over Chiefs As Marshawn Lynch Is Ejected
- Matic: Mourinho the best I've ever worked with
- Facebook has no plans to make newsfeed changes worldwide