It looks like Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles producer Michael Bay has been signed on to produce a live-action adaptation of Dora the Explorer. Dora is heavy on audience interaction, famously encouraging kids to call out to the screen. It included interactive elements, allowing viewers to solve new puzzles and riddles in every episode. According to the report, the character of Dora will not be a 7 year-old as in the original TV show but a teenager who relocates to the city.
I'll be honest, I thought someone was pulling my leg with this news, but it is in fact truth, per The Hollywood Reporter.
In 2012, CollegeHumor released a trailer for a fake Dora the Explorer movie starring Ariel Winter from Modern Family. Knowing how most of these Michael Bay adaptations go, we can expect to see pop culture references, explosions, and a few questionable choices that differ from the source material.
However, it's been revealed that none other than Michael Bay is producing the film, and that's what has bamboozled people. Director of The Muppets and Neighbors Nick Stoller has been recruited to write the script. It centred around a young Latina-American who went on quests with her pet monkey Boots.
Unsuual: The filmmaker has been brought on to produce the film alongside his Platinum Dunes partners. But who knows, right?
Paramount Pictures are looking to distribute the movie, as the studio is devoted to creating films from the Viacom brands including Nickelodeon - on which "Dora The Explorer" aired - MTV, Comedy Central and BET.
- Does Eric Bledsoe Want Off The Phoenix Suns?
- Raiders Clinch Late Win Over Chiefs As Marshawn Lynch Is Ejected
- Matic: Mourinho the best I've ever worked with
- How Have Independence Realty Trust, Inc. (IRT) Earnings Forecasts Changed?
- Mersal team not averse to cut out GST reference
- Ex-FBI chief confirms 'secret' account — Comey on Twitter
- Essential PH-1 will now sell for $200 less!
- New Google Pixel 2 XL Has A Major OLED Screen Problem
- Hundreds gather for vigil for Sherin Mathews, hours after unidentified body discovered
- Apple just guaranteed massive lines for the iPhone X's release