The 1070 Ti does raise the board TDP to 180W, matching the 1080's TDP, which isn't suprising considering the other specs. It aims to be the main rival of AMD's recently launched Radeon RX Vega 56. The latest addition to the GeForce 10 lineup is said to provide powerful gaming performance that is closer to a full-fledged GeForce GTX 1080 rather than its non-Ti version. While GTX 1070 Ti has the same memory size as GTX 1080, the memory subsystem is not using GDDR5X technology instead GDDR5 was used.
According to Videocardz.com, partners are not allowed to modify BIOSes to ship the GTX 1070 Ti with higher GPU clock speeds, but strangely, even Nvidia officially claims that GTX 1070 Ti was designed with plenty of headroom for overclocking.
Third party GPU makers like ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac will soon be launching their versions of the 1070 Ti next month. Things have quieted down due to increasing mining difficulty, which has offset the record high valuation of Bitcoin.
By using this feature, it will be easier for gamers and PC enthusiasts to adjust and change the clock speed settings.
The card will launch at the beginning of November, with the Founder's Edition already available on pre-order from Nvidia direct. This means the memory bandwidth is 96 GB/s lower than GTX 1080's and the same for both GTX 1070 cards.
The Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti comes sporting 2,432 NVIDIA CUDA Cores, well above the original Nvidia GTX 1070's 1,920 core count. For all intents and purposes, it's very almost as powerful as a GTX 1080: you have the same core clock speed as the pricier board, and only slight hits to the CUDA core count (2,432 vs. 2,560), texture units (152 vs. 160) and boost clock (1,683MHz vs. 1,733MHz).
- Microsoft FY18 Q1 earnings
- WTA Finals: Caroline Garcia beats Caroline Wozniacki; Elina Svitolina beats Simona Halep
- Michael Bay is Producing a 'Dora the Explorer' Movie…
- Time Warner Inc. (NASDAQ:TWX) Expected To Report Earnings On Thursday
- Stock Soaring to a Recent High: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
- Apple just guaranteed massive lines for the iPhone X's release
- "Me Too" Movement Through Social Media
- Ex-FBI chief confirms 'secret' account — Comey on Twitter
- Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock's brother Bruce arrested for child porn
- Oh Baby! Pregnant Khloé Kardashian Is Having A…