Vincent reportedly accepted the apology, and McNair also released a statement saying he regretted using that expression. I mean, we've got players from all over with different opinions, but we've been able to keep that message the same on our end.
Later, McNair apologized to Vincent, "saying that he felt frightful and that his words weren't meant to be taken literally, which Vincent appreciated". "I wouldn't personally want to play for someone who viewed me as an inmate". That's like, c'mon man - inmates?
During the meeting, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, along with team owners, executives and players attempted to find a resolution to the social justice issue hanging over the league's head.
The subject dominated a two-day meeting earlier this month in NY among league executives and team owners, where McNair is said to have made the comment. They're not [former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin] Kaepernick, donating $1 million. McNair's comment is the latest controversy stemming from players protesting the national anthem.
Kaepernick was not signed by any team after becoming a free agent following the 2016 season.
For two days after the 24 owners and players convened, all the National Football League owners met to discuss, among other things, what to do about sagging ratings, which was directly related to fans' anger at the anthem protests. For one, his own team is thinking about openly rebelling against him. I hope the reaction from our players results in positive action for our league, our communities and our country as a whole to make a positive difference in our society. McNair pulled Vincent aside after the meeting and apologized for any offense.
And some could not resist the chance to bring President Donald Trump's name into it.
In some cases the protests have evolved in a bid to avoid offending veterans.
Though the NFL said earlier this month that it was considering implementing a rule that would force players to stand during the national anthem, it was apparently never all that close to making it a reality. "Dialogue. Opportunity." on the back. Players can only be punished for failing to be on the field during the playing of the anthem.
- A Few Positives and Negatives for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Michael Bay is Producing a 'Dora the Explorer' Movie…
- Cisco buys Broadsoft for Dollars 1.9 bln
- Time Warner Inc. (NASDAQ:TWX) Expected To Report Earnings On Thursday
- Facebook has no plans to make newsfeed changes worldwide
- Appeals court paves way for undocumented teen to have abortion
- Standing in cinema halls will never inculcate patriotism: Asaduddin Owaisi
- Apple just guaranteed massive lines for the iPhone X's release
- Amazon Announces Cloud Cam Home Security Camera
- Nintendo to release Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on phones in November