Levi is no stranger to the genre-he is already part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having played Fandral in Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok, which hits theaters next week.
The New Line studio is also working on a movie on Black Adam, a frequent Shazam villain. And for trademark reasons, DC Comics is unable to promote or market Captain Marvel under that name. The fanbase is genuinely excited about Levi playing Shazam. Other actors considered for the role included John Cena, Derek Theler, Zane Holtz, Billy Magnussen, and Jake McDorman.
Zachary Levi will play the title character in New Line and DC Entertainment's "Shazam!", sources confirmed to Variety.
The photo has Levi in a costume that looks like an updated version of Shazam's classic outfit complete with the flowing white cape, though this imagining appears to have more bronze-toned accents rather than the hero's more familiar gold touches. According to Nerdist, DCEU has six films on the horizon with set release dates and plans for another fifteen on top of that, which includes Joss Whedon's much anticipated "Batgirl" film.
One interesting piece of trivia worth noting: Shazam was the most popular superhero of the '40s, and even beat Batman and Superman to the big screen in 1941 with The Adventures of Captain Marvel.
Well, they better figure this stuff out quick because February 2018 is fast approaching, and it's probably still the DC movie furthest along beside Aquaman at this point.
- New ransomware known as 'Bad Rabbit' in cyber attack
- Flu season is here: Have you gotten your vaccination?
- "Me Too" Movement Through Social Media
- WTA Finals: Caroline Garcia beats Caroline Wozniacki; Elina Svitolina beats Simona Halep
- Frelinghuysen Vote Could End Property Tax Deductions In Verona
- Appeals court paves way for undocumented teen to have abortion
- Amazon Announces Cloud Cam Home Security Camera
- Chipotle shares drop despite launch of queso dip
- Catalonia Declares Independence From Spain
- Stock Soaring to a Recent High: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)