Then, text "OUT" to that number when the power goes out and "STAT" to that number for updates.
More than 21 million people in parts of New York, New Jersey, and nearby states are under the watch. This is an unusual storm; It's something we don't see that often especially this time of the year.
Winds of up to 25 miles per hour are expected Sunday across north Georgia.
It's yet another rain and wind storm here in CT!
The peak of this storm will be from 8 p.m.to 3 a.m. with the heaviest rain and strongest winds.
That wind should kick up around midnight and continue into the afternoon Monday, creating a cooler and blustery start for the workweek. A Flash Flood Watch is also in effect for all of Western Mass through tomorrow.
A significant amount of rainfall, in the range of 1 to 3 inches, is also forecast with this storm, according to the NWS.
Flooding is a concern. Turn around, Don't drown!
Officials with the National Weather Service say winds of this magnitude could cause damage to trees, power lines and weaker structures.
Tonight's storm still looks like a powerful one.
Get ready - here it comes! Winds could gust to hurricane force from Westerly to Narragansett to Newport to New Bedford to Cape Cod.and all the coastal communities in between.
"Wind will be gusty Monday, but not at the level of tonight". Owners of commercial vessels should prepare for very strong winds and unsafe sea conditions, and consider staying in port until the storm subsides.
Flash Flood Watch in effect for all of eastern NY from Sunday afternoon through Monday morning, including the Capital Region.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Sherri Papini abduction: 911 audio, sketches released
- The First Charges In Mueller's Russia Probe Are Reportedly Filed
- NC State blocked a punt for a TD against Notre Dame. Again
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Owner of NFL's Texans sorry for 'inmates' comment on protesting players
- Boy leads mom, police on high-speed chase in his 2nd joyride
- Brent crude premium to WTI lures record USA flows
- Tropical Depression Eighteen forms in Caribbean