Meanwhile, on the other hand, PV Sindhu reaching her first ever semi-finals of French Super Series had a tough job ahead as she was up against 5th seed Akane Yamaguchi.
Prannoy won the first set and was keeping good throughout the second before being outclassed by Srikanth in crucial last minutes. Srikanth is back to No.1 in Super Series rankings Srikanth reclaimed the No.1 spot in Super Series rankings with a tally of 50,300 points.
This is only the fourth instance when a player from any country has won four super series titles in a year.
It was battle on even keel during the next two games as Srikanth's big match temperament came to the fore during big points.
Having clinched the first game easily, Prannoy was on the verge of winning the encounter and entering his maiden Superseries final at 19-17 in the second game. The Indian will meet Japanese qualifier Kenta Nishimoto on Thursday.
The 23-year-old eased past his Japanese opponent 21-14, 21-13 in a one-sided summit showdown that lasted 35 minutes. He had won the Indonesia Superseries Premier and Australian Open in successive weeks earlier this year.
Srikanth has tasted success heavily this year being in the prime of his game but the Indian has never let the success get over him. "I feel I was little lucky to pull out those matches, otherwise I am pleased how it went for me".
Prannoy was playing his first SS semi-final proved his worth as he put up a tough fight against the man in form and his compatriot Srikanth. Badninton Association of India (BAI) president Himanta Biswa Sarma congratulated Srikanth, and said that he was left without words after his record-breaking performance. "In the end I am very happy and satisfied with the way I played".
Srikanth will take on the victor of match between Anders Antonsen and Kenta Nishimoto in the finals.
- Tropical Depression Eighteen forms in Caribbean
- Senate kills rule that let customers sue their bank
- Kathy Griffin Puts TMZ Founder Harvey Levin's Phone Number Online
- Phillips wristwatch beats own auction world record with $17.8m sale
- Catalonia Declares Independence From Spain
- The First Charges In Mueller's Russia Probe Are Reportedly Filed
- WTA Finals: Caroline Garcia beats Caroline Wozniacki; Elina Svitolina beats Simona Halep
- Robot given Saudi citizenship 'has more rights than women'
- NC State blocked a punt for a TD against Notre Dame. Again
- Owner of NFL's Texans sorry for 'inmates' comment on protesting players