The strongest winds will be tonight.* WINDS.Northwest 20 to 35 miles per hour with gusts around 50 to 55 miles per hour.* IMPACTS.Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power lines. Strong wind gusts may blow down limbs, trees, and power lines, it said, and scattered power outages are expected.
Power outages and tree damage were possible across the Northeast as well, likely along the coast, according to the Weather Channel.
Passersby walk along the Promenade in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood as rain and clouds loom over lower Manhattan on the fifth anniversary of Superstorm Sandy Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017, in NY. The winds will be strongest in the early morning hours of Monday, then still gusty as the storm exits Monday afternoon.
Most of the state could receive between 2 to 4 inches of rain.
In addition to the wind there is also a Flash Flooding Threat. A flash flood warning was called in Worcester County until 5:30 a.m. Monday. The low overnight at the Covington airport was 41 and highs are only expected to reach the low 50s. We remain cool and dry Wednesday, followed by a return shower chance Thursday and Friday. There remains uncertainty with regards to how strong the high pressure system to our north will be and just how far north the aforementioned front and low pressure system will get. The strongest part of the storm doesn't move into the state until Sunday evening and continues into Monday morning.
The warning is in effect until 3 p.m.
Tuesday will be mostly sunny with a high near 42 degrees.
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- President Trump invited reporters' kids in costume into the Oval Office
- Destiny 2 Adds the 'Curse of Osiris' Expansion in December
- England complete stunning comeback against Spain to win Under-17 World Cup
- If Pakistan doesn't act against terror groups, we'll find a 'different way'
- The First Charges In Mueller's Russia Probe Are Reportedly Filed
- On a rainy afternoon, Cowboys defeat Redskins, claim inside track to playoffs
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- DeMarcus Cousins says fan reception in Sacramento was 'beautiful'
- NC State blocked a punt for a TD against Notre Dame. Again