Anthony's Memorial Hospital was one of 832 awarded an "A" for its commitment to keeping patients safe and meeting the highest safety standards in the U.S.
"Providing safe and high-quality care, as recognized by the Leapfrog Group, shows we are serious about being a world-class healthcare organization", said Sanjay Marwaha, physician-in-chief of Kaiser in the Central Valley region. Hilton Head Hospital trailed further behind.
By contrast, Virginia ranked among the top the five states this fall. The hospital was rated below-average for understaffing of specially trained doctors care for ICU patients, communication with doctors and nurses and responsiveness of hospital staff. Hospitals in Philadelphia and the surrounding area are what kept Pennsylvania from falling lower. The hospital also has a smart sepsis alert system that ensures compliance with evidence-based sepsis care and a program for reducing hospital-acquired venous thromboembolism. "This achievement is the result of continuous improvements at Keck Hospital to provide the highest level of care to our patients, many of whom have complex medical issues".
There were more hospitals with failing grades in this report, however, than in the Spring 2017 edition. Leapfrog's updated rankings placed Pennsylvania at number 25, with 30.16 percent of its hospitals receiving an "A" grade. Despite the relatively small fluctuations in performance among hospitals overall, Binder said she has noticed consistent performance improvement among hospitals in certain states.
Memorial Hospital of Gardena in Gardena, Calif.
Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. Numerous 15 hospitals that received F grades treat a high proportion of low-income patients with complex healthcare needs. Four others received a B grade, and four were given a C grade. The report called out Oregon, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Wisconsin and Idaho for improvements since the inception of the Hospital Safety Grade five years ago. Harborview Medical Center got a "B" and two hospitals - Olympic Medical Center in Port Angeles and Deaconess Hospital in Spokane - got "D" grades.
- Rockwell Automation Inc. (NYSE:ROK) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Destiny 2 Adds the 'Curse of Osiris' Expansion in December
- Much warmer today, colder Monday
- On a rainy afternoon, Cowboys defeat Redskins, claim inside track to playoffs
- Atlanta Falcons vs New York Jets
- Srikanth attributes French Open triumph to mental strength
- The Weeknd & Selena Gomez Split Up
- Nintendo Switch Major Update Still Without Cloud Feature!
- Prepare For A Stormy Sunday; Wind, Flood Watches In Effect
- Iraqi Kurdish leader Barzani confirms intention to step down on November 1