Associated Press, coaches and Football Writers Association of America - include a combined 174 voters with thousands of years' collective experience in the sport. While each college football season has written its own script with different results along the way the past three seasons, one thing remains consistent with the playoff rankings; people are going to overreact to the initial standings as if they mean anything.
Let us know on twitter or in the comment section what you think about our picks and if you agree or not. While a top-25 ranking is released, the top four teams are the most important, as they are predicted participate in the playoff. But the weekly exercise prepares the 13-member group for its decisive verdict in December and, as an added bonus, provides beaucoup material for bloggers, broadcasters, columnists and conspiracy theorists. Will they be No. 2 behind Alabama?
Wisconsin's inclusion among the CFP's top four Tuesday would be baffling.
When asked on a couple of occasions on whether he would slot Notre Dame among the top four, Kelly steered clear of hypotheticals. So let's try to separate them. For example, last season Penn State was left out and Ohio State got in. The loss to Syracuse, in my opinion, won't sit well with the committee and that will lead to them putting Ohio State ahead of the Tigers.
"I do what I think is right in those situations, so I don't really concern myself with the need to impress anybody".
Since losing to Georgia, Notre Dame has dominated every single team in front of them.
With a closing slate that including games at Miami and Stanford, Kiper believes the strength of schedule is in Notre Dame's favor. Notre Dame has victories against Michigan State, USC and NC State, all ranked inside the AP Top 25. Georgia won also because Notre Dame couldn't get any first downs in its final three possessions, and because it held Notre Dame to 55 rushing yards. The Fighting Irish have beaten teams by an average of 27 points per contest.
Regardless of Tuesday's rankings, reaction should be subdued.
As of right now, Georgia has the best win of any top five team over No. 5 Notre Dame on the road.
- President Trump invited reporters' kids in costume into the Oval Office
- Israel destroys Gaza cross-border tunnel, killing 6
- Make Sure This Halloween Is Filled With Treats, Not So Many Tricks
- The First Charges In Mueller's Russia Probe Are Reportedly Filed
- Jim McElwain out as Florida's coach
- Iraqi Kurdish leader Barzani confirms intention to step down on November 1
- On a rainy afternoon, Cowboys defeat Redskins, claim inside track to playoffs
- Wind advisory Sunday pm-Monday am; strongest winds overnight
- Wendy Williams Collapsed On Live Television
- Amid Kevin Spacey fallout, 'House of Cards' to end with upcoming season