A tipline for complaints against Kevin Spacey has been set up by the famed London theater where he served as artistic director for more than a decade. Speaking to Buzzfeed News, Rapp said Spacey (then 26) invited him to his apartment for a party.
Spacey said in a Twitter post on Sunday that he was "beyond horrified" by Rapp's account, which he said he did not recall.
Variety has learned that the streaming service and producer Media Rights Capital are in very early stages of development on multiple ideas for a potential spinoff. This is a breaking story.
MasterClass declined to disclose how many people had enrolled in Spacey's class (and the startup hasn't released other subscriber numbers previously).
Season six, which Netflix had already confirmed on Monday would be the final edition of its flagship production, had been scheduled to air in 2018.
While the timing of the announcement is interesting to say the least, industry sources say Netflix always planned to end the show after its sixth season.
"Coming-out stories should not be used to deflect from allegations of sexual assault", said Sarah Kate Ellis, president of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).
Spacey subsequently issued an ill-received apology, but the award-winning actor is staring down the barrel of a gun and has also seen an International Emmy revoked.
"That said, I take reports of such behaviour seriously and this is no exception. I've escaped from Kevin Spacey's basement!"
There is also a chance that Spacey's character was never meant to be in the sixth season, with his character's health an issue throughout the five previous seasons of the show and the actor now in the middle of shooting a Gore Vidal biopic.
- Wind advisory Sunday pm-Monday am; strongest winds overnight
- DeMarcus Cousins says fan reception in Sacramento was 'beautiful'
- Brent crude premium to WTI lures record USA flows
- Constellation jumps into pot with Canopy Growth stake
- On a rainy afternoon, Cowboys defeat Redskins, claim inside track to playoffs
- Majority of Playoff Teams Don't Start in the Top 4
- Israel destroys Gaza cross-border tunnel, killing 6
- Bill Belichick: Pats QB situation wasn't 'sustainable'
- Destiny 2 Adds the 'Curse of Osiris' Expansion in December
- New York City police investigate shooting in Manhattan